Chapter 4

It was their 3rd year at the academy when they met Mickey Garcia and Reuben Fitch, they were the year below them but they hit it off with them right away. Actually it was Phoenix who bumped into them at the bar almost everyone from the academy went to. She overheard them talking about a professor no one likes so she introduced herself and invited the two over to the table she shared with Victoria and Bradley.

Both Mickey and Reuben were chill, down to earth guys and very respectful, especially Mickey. He addressed the three with sir and ma'am even though he was told that there were no need for formalities.

"Honestly Mickey please stop using formalities, we're not that much older. Well, except grandpa over here." Victoria pointed towards Bradley as Natasha laughed, "Gee thanks Vic, you really know how to flatter a man. It's such a shocker that you're single." sarcasm dripped from the brown haired man's lips.

The blonde girl joined in on the laughter with the rest before ruffling Bradley's hair.

"Yes, yes, I know such a shocker but what can you do. I'm too good for anyone. They get frightened by my beauty, brains and talents."

Both Bradley and Natasha patted Victoria on the back and told her if that helps her sleep at night, they support her. The young woman glared at them.

"I'm gonna replace you two with Mickey and Reuben." Bradley put his arm over her shoulder as he took a sip of his drink.

"Nah, you love us too much to do that."

When the 3 boys went to play darts Natasha turned towards her best friend.

"So when you gonna tell him that you like him?"

Victoria almost choked on her drink as she looked at the brunette across from her.

"Excuse me?? I have no idea what you're talking about." Natasha instantly rolled her eyes at that, "Please Victoria, I've known you both for 3 years now, I see the way you look at him, the way you interact with him. Hell, when I first started hanging out with you two I was certain you two were already married." the blonde looked towards where the boys were, only to see that Bradley was already looking at her.

She smiled at the boy as her heart fluttered at the wink he sent her before resuming his game of darts. When she looked at the brunette across from her, the girl only looked at her as to say this is what I'm talking about which made her sigh but in the end decided to tell the truth.

"Okay, yeah, maybe I do have some feelings for him but he's my best friend Tash, I can't lose him. I'd be lost without him, he's my rock."

Natasha got up and sat down next to Victoria before giving her a side hug.

"How long?" the blonde let out a small chuckle as she looked at her drink on the table, not daring to look anywhere else.

"From what I can remember since I was 17, so 4 years now but I pushed them down over the years, dated other people....but somehow it never worked out with anyone else, no matter how hard I tried. Kinda pathetic, isn't it...?"

This time Natasha pulled her into a tight hug, sensing the girl needed it.

"It isn't pathetic, don't say that ever again. I think you both are too blind to see what everyone else sees but I won't pressure you into anything, I know how important he is to you."

That night Victoria payed more attention to Bradley and everything he did or said. She started to think Natasha might of been right but didn't dare to say anything instead she decided to enjoy her time with her friends.

The next day Natasha decided to also confront Bradley since she knew that Victoria wouldn't make a move and she wanted to see her two best friends happy. She caught up with him after their last class.