BLAST IN THE PAST (PART 2)

The young hellpup searched as far as she could, checking class to class, building to building for any signs of her young nemesis, but with no luck coming up at each corner. She was almost ready to give up and leave him to the elements to fend for himself, but picked herself up and discovered new-found determination.

She was a hellhound, without any doubt in her mind, she was one of the best Apex Predators this planet had ever come to seen, and here she was giving up over a simple child. Her sense of pride had grown over the last couple months and she wasn't about to squander it over a middle schooler.

Thinking hard she thought about the places she didn't think to check, places students could access without stepping off campus, but also a place not many people would think to go. A location where someone could be alone without interference... 

She thought back to the time she chased the boy around the school yard, eventually cornering him at that isolated spot where no one could save him from her. It was the only place she hadn't think to look and was worth a shot.

With haste, she began her march over to the area, trying to remember which way to go as it had been months since she's been there, actually hoping to herself that the heartbroken young man would be there, waiting for her to show up.

It sounded silly when she put it like that, but that how it felt, to her at least.

.

.

.

.

.

Away from all the distractions and combined smells, she had began to smell small traces of him as she walked through the area, so she definitely was on the right track. "Shigo! Oh Shigo! Are you around here!?" she yelled, awaiting a response. The area was fairly covered in shrubbery and forest that stretched from the school into a more mountainous landscape, he could be anywhere at this point, but she was determined to hunt him down.

Luckily she didn't have to go too far as his scent was beginning to become more apparent the more she walked over to a set of large rocks stacked on top of one another. Quietly, like a predator stalking it's prey, she peeped around the rocks and found the boy sitting on the one that was furthest from the pile, clearly in deep thought with his hands on the two sides of his head.

Crouching down so her paws were planted firm on the ground, the excited hellpup stationed herself for an award winning pounce. Head low and her behind up in the air shaking, she leaped through the air and landed right on top of him, frightening the young man as he let out a shout.

"Gotcha!~" she playfully proclaimed, looking down at Shigo with a confident smile, waiting for him to cuss her out, scold her, just to do something in general that would fit his character. But alas, the boy just stood there motionless with his eyes covered, his top lip biting down on his bottom, clearly showing how upset he was.

In his mind, his goose was cooked now that his constant pain in the ass was now here to witness him in his most vulnerable, embarrassing moments and was gonna hold it against him for as long as he lived, but Hellen's expression simply turned neutral as she stared down upon him, seeing him hold in his emotions as if he was an infant.

"Hey, let me see your face," she plainly commanded, but no signs of compliance came from him. "Alright, let's play rough then," with a sharp inhale through her nose, she grabbed onto the boy's wrist and forcefully pulled them apart, revealing a teary eyed, snot nosed Shigo, who weakly looked back up at her.

Inside the depths of her brain, something clicked upon seeing the weakened, emotional state of her arch rival. She couldn't properly explain it, nor did she even realise it at first, but something about being on top of someone, forcefully holding them down and seeing their face in despair felt...good, oddly enough.