Chapter 26

We arrived at the theater, we were at the balcony with a perfect view of the stage. It was a full house, lights shined the perfect amount as we sat down. Aang, Katara, Toph, and Kaito sat in the first row as Sokka, Suki, Zuko and I sat in the row behind.

I leaned on Zuko's shoulder waiting for the play to start taking a deep breath. He held my hand rubbing it with his thumb.

"Why are we sitting in the nosebleed section? My feet can't see a thing from up here," Toph complained, crossing her arms.

"Don't worry, I'll tell your feet what's happening," Katara replied.

The lights dimmed more as the stage curtain rose. Two actors, a Sokka and a Katara, rowed a canoe. Sokka grabbed Katara's shoulder gasping excitingly.

"Sokka, my only brother. We constantly roam these icy South Pole seas and yet, never do we find anything fulfilling," The Katara said in a dramatically saddened voice.

"All I want is a full feeling in my stomach," The Sokka said,"I'm starving!"

Oh this is amusing.

"Is food the only thing on your mind?" The Katara asked.

"Well, I'm trying to get it out of my mind and into my mouth," The Sokka replied looking out to the crowd,"I'm starving!"

"This is pathetic. My jokes are funnier than this," Sokka hissed to us.

Toph laughed leaning back crossing her legs,"I think he's got you pegged,"

"Every day, the world awaits a beacon to guide us, yet none appears. Still, we cannot give up hope, for hope is all we have," The Katara teared up,"And we must never relinquish it, even,,, even to our dying breath," Then she began to sob.

"Well, that's just silly. I don't sound like that," Katara complained crossing her arms as the rest of us snickered amongst ourselves.

To be fair it was a perfectly imperfect representation of the two. I looked to Zuko who also found it funny.

"Oh, man, this writer's a genius," Toph noted.

"Agreed," I said still looking to Zuko who kept the smile he had on his face.

Zuko leaned in and pinched my cheeks to turn my face back to the stage making me pout a bit.

An iceberg passed by the canoe, and the shadow of a small body was shown.

"It appears to be someone frozen in ice, perhaps for 100 years,"

"But who? Who is the boy in the iceberg?"

"Water bend! Hi-ya!" The Katara did a slicing motion that broke the prop. Smoke emitted from the prop as the Aang jumps out infront of them.

Aang's actor was a woman.

Kaito and I started losing it. I even started coughing as Zuko patted my back, also trying to contain his amusement  at the actress.

"Who are you, frozen boy?" The Katara asks.

Aang's actress giggles annoyingly and points to themself,"I'm the Avatar, silly, here to spread joy and fun,"

"Wait, is that a woman playing me?" Aang asked.

"Yup," Kaito said, crossing her arms and calming down as I let out a final cough and cleared my throat.

"An air bender. My heart is so full of hope that it's making me tear bend!" The Katara said as she began to cry one more.