Chapter 32

"Well, I think that even though we don't know where Aang is," Sokka said also trying to figure out what to do," We need to do everything we can to stop the airship fleet,"

"And that means, when Aang does face the Fire Lord," Toph chimed in,"We'll be right there if he needs us,"

We all got ready and packed out things as Master Piandao brought a eel hound. 

"Woah," I said to myself looking at it creature as it gave me a small whimper. 

"Nothing runs faster over land or swims quicker then a giant eel hound," Master Piandao said to Sokka.

"Can I keep him afterwards?" I asked curiously while petting the eel hounds snout, causing Master Piandao to burst in laughter,"Of course,"

"Yes," I said while clenching my fists trying to not be s excited as I was. I then turned to Sokka who was fully dressed in his warrior attire. 

"Good luck," I said as we locked arms. 

"You too," Sokka replied pulling me into a quick hug before I went over to board Appa.

"So if I'm gonna be Fire Lord after the war's over," Zuko said to Iroh,"What are you gonna do?"

"After I reconquer Ba Sing Se, I'm gonna reconquer my tea shop and I'm going to play Pai Sho everyday,"

I thought about everything Iroh told me. He wanted to live peacefully from here on out, and he deserved it. That and I'm determined to win a game against him one day, being grateful to have ever met such a wise and patient man.

"Goodbye, General Iroh," I said to him then looking at my brother, we sent each other a nod.

"Goodbye everyone. Today, destiny is our friend," Iroh said confidently,"I know it,"

We all went our separate ways. Hours passed as the sun changed hue. That was our cue that we were approaching the Fire Nation, and that the comet was just now starting to approach the earth. Stress grew in the air between the four of us. Zuko looked worried.

"Wanna say what's on your mind?" I said placing my hand on his.

"I'm worried about Aang. What if he doesn't have the guts to take out my father? What if he loses?"

"Aang, won't lose," Katara said,"He's gonna come back, he has too,"

"He will," Kaito said,"Don't you worry about that," 

"I know that's not the only thing that's worrying you," I said looking at him softly.

"I don't know if I can handle the all that the position of Fire Lord will throw at me,"

"Zuko," I said," We all have faith in you, it's your destiny to lead your nation. I'll be right here for you. And so will the rest of us,"

"How can you be so sure?" He asked softly.

"Because I know you," I smiled,"Your heart's in the right place. So stop worrying and focus on taking Azula down,"

"Thank you," Zuko said kissing my forehead,"For everything you've been to me,"

"And who I will continue to be to you," I added softly.

The capital was in our sights as I took a deep breath. I wasn't afraid of Azula but that didn't mean that I underestimated her. One wrong move and it could be the end of all of us.

"Make sure you keep a safe distance Appa," I said, petting his fur as he roared in agreement.

"I'll see you guys after all this," Kaito said with a big smile.