xvi. 𝐑𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐔𝐩 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐇𝐢𝐥𝐥

Cassie and Lucas screamed on sync when Steve nearly took them out with the lamp

"Steven, absolutely not!" Cassie dropped to the ground.

"It's me!" Lucad yelled as he held his arms out.

"Lucas?" Nancy asked in disbelief as she shined the flashlight. "Cassie?"

"It's me." Lucas exhaled, leaning over to catch his breath with his hands on Cassies shoulders.

"My little life genuinely flashed before my very eyes!" Cassie ranted from the ground, sitting up on her knees. "I thought we were friends!"

"Why wouldn't you make yourselves known!" Steve hollered at the pair as Lucas helped Cassie to her feet. "I could have taken you out with this lamp."

"I'm very much, quite literally, extremely aware." Cassie held her heart with wide eyes.

"I'm sorry." Lucas panted. "Sorry, sorry, guys. We were biking for eight miles."

"Broke a sweat." Cassie wiped her forehead. "Like a magical waterfall from my scalp."

"Give me a second. Shit." Lucas caught his breath. "We've got a code red."

"Like Scarlett red- code red." Cassie agreed.

"What?" Steve gapped.

"Dustin." Lucas ignored Steve as he walked to them. Cassie hugged Max as she nearly fell over. "We've been with Jason, Patrick, and Andy, and they've gone totally off the rails. They're trying to capture Eddie, and they think you know where he is. You're in terrible danger."

"I didn't pull the police alarm in time." Cassie moved away from Max.

"Police alarm?" Robin gapped.

"All right. Yeah, that definitely sucks, but we've got bigger problems than Jason now." Jason informed the pair with a odd look in his eye.

"This is genuinely shaking my brain so terribly bad I might explode of ruby red brains and mint green thoughts." Cassie said honestly as she looked down at her flyer, sat with Lucas.

"Okay, be honest. Uh, do you guys understand any of this?" Steve gave a curious look to the trio on the couch.

"No." Lucas shook his head.

"Pretty straightforward." Dustin nodded his head.

"Oh, straightforward, really?" Steve gave him a look of disbelief.

"Ow." Cassie dropped the paper as she looked at her finger. "I've painfully and drastically cut my finger."

"Oh, no, Cass." Lucas grabbed her hand. "Let me see."

"What's confusing to you?" Dustin ignored the two as he looked to Steve. "So far, everyone Vecna has cursed has died, except for this old Victor Creel dude Nancy found. He's the only known survivor. If anyone knows how to beat this curse, it's him."