Chapter 5

"You're being called back to TOPGUN."

Those 6 words would change the couple's lives forever. But we're not there yet so let's go back.

After graduating from TOPGUN Victoria 'Dove' Kazansky and Bradley 'Rooster' Bradshaw were first sent off on two different missions, one being in Hawaii and the other in Virgina. They were apart for exactly 5 months, 13 days and 6 hours. Bradley counted.

Thankfully they both got out alive and after that were called to be a part of the VFA-87 Golden Warriors, together. You could imagine how happy they were.

At first they were both living at base but after a year or so decided to look for a house or apartment near by and move in together. It was a big step for them but they felt more than ready.

In the first year of living together they found out many things about eachother that they didn't know before. For example Bradley was a heavy sleeper and only his alarm could fully wake him up, his girlfriend took advantage of that not only to play pranks on him from time to time but also to make so many jokes about his callsign Rooster actually being a good fit.

On the other hand Victoria was a light sleeper. Almost every little sound woke her up, especially if it was out of the ordinary. The bad side of this is that she would often wake up tired and on some nights her brain would start overthinking and soon after she would be waking up poor Bradley because she was sure someone broke in. Suprise, suprise, each time, there was no one.

Bradley ended up buying a thicker front door with extra locks so his girlfriend would feel safer and stop waking him up in the middle of the night. He loved the girl but he also loved sleep.

Man, did he love sleep. One night when Victoria went to the kitchen to get a glass of water, on her way back she knocked down some books from the bookshelf. She cursed them out, of course and was sure that she woke the brunette man from his slumber. To her suprise, he was still, very much, asleep. It was that night that Victoria lost all hope for her partner but if she was being honest he looked really cute when he was sleeping so she didn't mind. At least this gave her the chance to explore the different ways she personally could wake him up, if you get what I mean.

Okay, let's go back to the Golden Warriors. As we speak, the couple were landing back down after a training session with some of their fellow colleagues. As they all talked about the training session while walking back to base, they were stopped by Admiral Solo who informed that Rooster and Dove were needed by Commander Archer.

Getting to the Commander's office they were immediately told to sit down.

"You're being called back to TOPGUN."

Dove was speechless, trying to wrap her head around the 6 words that were just spoken so Rooster asked the important question for both of them.

"Why are we being called back to TOPGUN sir?" the Commander let out a sigh as he leaned foward, "Honestly Lieutenant I wish I knew. All they told me is that they needed you two for a special mission, that's all I know."

Rooster nodded his head as the Commander told them when they needed to be back in Miramar and dismissed them, telling them to go pack and prepare to leave tonight as he handed them their airplane tickets.

Dove hasn't said a word for the whole ride back home, in all honesty, she was still trying to figure out everything. As Rooster parked his Frod Bronco he looked over at the passenger seat.

"Vic, sweetheart, you okay?" his voice and those four words were the thing that got the blonde woman out of her trance as she looked at the man next to her.

"Yeah, sorry. It's just...what is so important, what mission is so important that we're being called back to TOPGUN?" taking her hand in his Bradley looked at the girl, "I don't know but whatever it is, we'll get it done and go back home. Okay? No need to worry. Plus look at the bright side we'll get to spend time with your family and you'll get to attend Gavin's graduating ceremony."