𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

the art of stealing chocolate

THE POUNDING IN her head was quite enough for Betty Lupin when she awoke the next morning, but the blaring alarm clock that woke her up did the trick. She whimpered as she tried to push herself up from the couch she was sprawled on. Philippa was face down on Betty's stomach, curled up under a Ravenclaw scarf that was barely spread over her body. She could hear Aisling moaning for the alarm clock to be turned off along with a few other people. The Hufflepuff common room was full of people from every house that were blearily blinking awake as the hum of the kitchen staff could be heard faintly.

The groaning commenced as the former party goers peeled plastic cups off of their faces and pushed themselves off of people they didn't know. Betty lazily snuggled down, caressing Philippa's head as she did, delving into her slumber once more, until reality caught up with her and she remembered why the alarm was blaring. It was Tuesday and if her calculations were correct based on the way the footsteps sounded above them, breakfast was nearly over. She panicked, making Philippa groan and curse as Betty nearly flipped her off the couch. 

Looking up at one of the hazy mirrors on the wall, she saw her smudged lipstick and groaned. "We have class in fifteen minutes!" The murmuring below her turned to shouts as people sprung up, dropping friends and stumbling from standing up too quickly. Girl's shoes hit the floor, the clacking that sounded so melodic the night before becoming unbearably loud as they all rushed out of the common room in search of their own or begging their friends to lend them a fresh uniform set. 

The Hufflepuffs that hadn't participated in the nights festivities ( which were very few and by far the younger members ) carefully stepped over the teenagers on the floor and weaved through those who had managed to stand up. Betty sprinted up the steps to her dorm almost too quickly to notice Aisling wrapped up in Peter's arms on one of the large faded yellow arm chairs in the corner. His nose was in her hair with her hand on his chest as they whispered awake. She tore off her dress, not even bothering to struggle with her boots' zipper, and hurriedly zipped and buttoned up her uniform, grabbing a few extras for Aisling, Cece and Philippa. Throwing various skirts, button downs and ties at each of her friends. Clothing flew around as Hufflepuff ties were launched in the air, Ravenclaws, Slytherins and Gryffindors becoming members of the yellow and black house for the day.  

Betty shook Sirius awake, James next to him, glasses askew. They cursed until they realized the time and scrambled, trying to think of any spell that would turn their party clothing into uniforms. Betty bit the inside of her cheek until she spotted Freddie Abbott, a boy in her year who she knew would have extras.