FORTY | year 6

FINDING THE VANISHING CABINET

Cassiopeia gripped her books tightly in her arms as she pushed through the crowd. Frowning, she walked up the stairs and into the seventh floor.

She was going to have potions, so she quickly went on because she was going to have Charms along with her fellow Slytherins.

As she went up the staircase, wondered about the vision. She felt reassured that she and Draco would actually find a way to fix the cabinet. But what she was annoyed that she had to find the damn thing.

It seemed to be a really stupid thing to be annoyed about, but having to have everything in her life easy for her, this task was difficult.

As she continued her walk, she passed by a wall. She merely glanced at it when it started to form a door. She stopped, turning to take another look. Slowly, large doors started to appear.

She just realised what floor she is in.

The room of requirements!

Cassiopeia looked around to see if there are any students before darting through the door, closing it behind her.

She lets out a cough. The room was full of dust, and various objects stacked on top of one another created a small tower of unwanted or unused objects.

Cassiopeia walked around, seeing so many broken objects. This is the exact place in her vision. Except, she couldn't see the cabinet.

It was dark and Cassiopeia's footsteps being the only sound. She took out her wand, just in case she needed it as she made her way through.

Until almost at the end of the large room, where she saw the very thing she required.

The vanishing cabinet stood, not looking like it had any damage at all other than a few scratches. She approached it, examining the cabinet. It looked like an exact copy of the one in Borgin and Burke's.

She lets out a breath if relief that she had found it in the first day of being at Hogwarts, and thanked her ability for helping her find it.

Looking around, the room of requirements seemed to be a good place to discuss things with Draco without worrying about being heard.

Cassiopeia opened the cabinet, inspecting it. Nothing seemed to be wrong in its appearance, but she knew that it doesn't work.

Closing it quickly, she shoved her wand inside her pocket before walking back to the door.

She needed to tell Draco about this as soon as she could.

***

"Where exactly are you taking me?" asked Draco, "this better be worth my time."

"Shut up and follow me," she hissed.

She had showed him the room, and Draco questioned her on how she found out about it so fast. Draco frowned as he approached the Vanishing Cabinet, he looked at her questionably.

"How'd you find it?"

"Never mind that," she said. "Have you got any letters from Mr Borgin?"

"Letters?"

"On how to repair this damn cabinet, of course!" She said.

"I have not," Draco answered, pursing his lips as he looks at the cabinet.

"Well start threatening him," Cassiopeia crossed her arms, "we cannot waste any more time. We need to know how to fix this, it might take months."

Draco nodded, as Cassiopeia started to walk away, he shouted: "you should really stop hanging out with Potter and his stupid friends,"