Chapter Twenty Six

𝐴𝑢𝑟𝑜𝑟𝑎 ♡︎

When I woke up, I carefully squirmed away from Enzo and snuck away. I freshened up, got dressed and quietly walked downstairs.

I made my way into the kitchen and started taking ingredients out for pancakes. It was literally the only breakfast food I was good at making, since I had decided to try out a new recipe once. It went perfectly, and I ended up making pancakes for Willow and me every weekend.

I played some music in the background, making sure to put the volume down so it wouldn't wake anyone up. I wasn't sure if my parents were home, nor did I care.

Even if they were back, it wouldn't really make a difference. They were probably going to leave early in the morning again and returned late at night.

That's how I liked it.

The bridal shower was tomorrow night, so they were probably getting things ready for it. I personally didn't want to participate in decorating or any shit like that. I would rather be with Enzo, and it's going to be hard to let him go for one night.

I'm pretty sure one of my other cousins is coming over today as well. He used to live near me in New York, but ended up moving with his wife and started a family in Los Angeles.

They had just arrived yesterday. He had sent me a message earlier telling me they would be there sometime in the early afternoon.

I was excited to meet his kid. Of course, we had met before, but she's all grown up now. Well, she's technically only three, but still.

I turned to the stove and placed a pan on it. I spun back around while dancing to grab the pancake batter and the spatula. When I started pouring the batter onto the pan, I began humming while shaking my hips.

While I let the pancake sit, I started cutting up some fruit. I was going all out today for him.

I wanted to make him feel better. I wanted to see his gorgeous smile again, and I wanted him to feel comfortable once again. I know everything isn't so...balanced at the moment, so I'm going to do whatever I can to help him.

For short, I was in love with him.

I was so irrevocably in love with him, and I wanted to do anything and everything for him.

Every second I was around him, it was as if my love for him just grew so much more powerful. I hoped he felt the same, otherwise I would probably feel like a fucking fool.

Either way, I would still love him.

I was so...desperate for him. I was so desperate for his touch, his smile, his hair, his dimples, his muscles, his smug responses, his booming laughs. I fucking ached for him.

That's beside the point. I want to make him feel happy. Even if that means I can't be in love with him anymore, or I have to die. I want him to be so fucking happy, that the only thing he has ever known how to do is smiling.

I scooped the fruit into a bowl and turned to put it on the island, but when I turned, I saw a figure leaning against a doorframe. It was Enzo, and he had a deep crease in his forehead.

"Morning," I said with a soft smile.

He started walking toward me. "Don't ever do that again."

I raised an eyebrow and chuckled nervously. "Do what?"

"Leave me."

He hastily pulled my hands away from the counter and wrapped his arms around me. His buried his face in my neck and gently lifted me off my feet.