Chapter 24

His pov

Micajah Stone

Are we mates or not, one can't fake a matebond.

What is all this, I am beyond confused.
I have seen her longing for her mother. The pain in her eyes, the tears when we visited the garden. She never gave me those power hungry vibes. She is not after my Alpha position.

Am I her second chance mate? What did happen to Xavier? No wonder she is keeping me at an arms length. The woman is a mystery.

Natalie mindlinks me that P is out of the house and driving her own car, she is on the NH 56 right now. She took off on that road.

Well great, new addition to my current misery, my wolf doesn't want her wandering about. Especially when she is unmarked and oozing with those delicious heat pheromones.

'You could have told Natalie to lock her in the office. You are not pursuing our mate. She is in a fragile condition. She is in stress. I can tell.' My wolf mindlinks.

'She is not our prisoner. She is free to go after I get my answers. I don't want a mate whom I can't trust. Who will up and go when things get tough. She is pulling the thread till its fuc*ing breaking point.' I sharply tell my wolf.

He whimpers clearly hating my thoughts on this situation. 'Then atleast bring her to safety. Let no other unmated wolf scent her. She is our mate, second chance, fake, manipulative, power hungry or whatever.' My wolf demands.

'Yes I will. I will go and find her. I will not let her hurt me or the pack any further. This has to stop, she can reject me or else tell me the entire truth.' I tell my wolf.

I stand up from the chair that I sank onto after hearing about this news.
Sam knows about P, so I tell him to look after the pack and that I have important things to forsee, so to not disturb me.

I descend the steps of my security headquarters and find Natalie there with my car.

I bark at her, "Where did she go?"

"I saw her drive back to the pack territory but I missed her near an exit. She has a vivid scent Micajah, I am sure your wolf will find her, especially when she is in heat. The pull will get you to her." Natalie answers.

I nod. I hope this pull is real. I hope she is not taking advantage of me, a desperate 24 year old Alpha waiting for his fated mate. All my logic and sense go out the window when it comes to her.

I let my wolf come to the surface and sniff his mate out. I reach my office and find icecream tubs there on the foyer. Odd.

Her scent is present here. Ofcourse it is. I look around the house, hoping she might have come here and not wandered somewhere.

In my anger I throw those icecreams on the grill and head out. I circle the area looking for her car and then I see Flory aunty waving at me. I give her a half smile as I wait for the light to turn green.

She approaches me, so I turn the window pane down and ask her how she is doing. She smiles and tells me that a raven haired girl is waiting for me at the house. "She reeks of you Micajah, so you better treat her well young man. She is very pretty and respectful. Go on, don't keep a lady waiting for too long and buy her good women's wear clothing. You are still that possessive young boy that you were." She giggles while telling me this and leaves.

This woman. How did she even figure out the way to my house. I had it built like that, it stands between other pack members houses. No highlights and definitely no distinct features.

I drive at a 70, stepping on that gas, even though I know she is safe from other unmated wolves.

'Our mate is smart, she is in our den, our future house. She respects us and the bond. She didn't want the other pack members scenting her in this state when they don't know anything.' My wolf mindlinks.