eighteen

18. I Never Could Love Like That

"Hey" Caroline greeted, entering the empty bar and seeing one of the workers looking at his fellow workers dead body in shock, "I'm sorry about your colleague, my sister is a messy eater".

"I am not" Aria said, speeding behind the already terrified guy and startling him, "It's not my fault that the little voice in my head that always told me to stop, that voice never came up when I was feeding on this person".

"Who are you guys?" the terrified worker asked.

"Oh, I'm Caroline, this is my sister, Aria" Caroline introduced.

"And that" Aria pointed towards the dead body, "Was extremely delicious".

"What's going on?" the worker asked.

"My sister thinks she has the ability to scare you to death" Aria replied.

"Like literally scare you to death" Caroline clarified.

"Yeah but she's never done something like this before, to be fair neither have I" Aria said.

"She tried to scare your friend, but then she just ended up eating him" Caroline added.

"I got impatient" Aria complained, "This whole scaring business is just so annoying, but for some reason Caroline thinks she has it in her to do what I didn't have the patience to do".

"This guy was my friend" The worker snapped.

"Then why aren't you freaking out?" Caroline complained.

"She was hoping you would die after seeing your friend's dead body" Aria said, jumping over to the bar and grabbing herself a bottle of bourbon.

"A panic attack, a heart attack, come on, give me something" Caroline said, the worker looked between Caroline and Aria and quickly ran towards the door but before he could run away, Caroline quickly speeded over to him and blocked his way, "I don't think you heard me" she said, starting to compel the worker, "You're having a heart attack".

"What are you--?", suddenly the worker started gasping for air, he clutched his heart, "My chest, what's happening?".

"She's taking the easy way out, that's what's happening" Aria said, taking a swig of the bourbon.

"Please, help me" the worker pleaded.

"Relax, you're not actually having a heart attack" Aria said.

"Now your throat's tightening" Caroline said, putting her hand on her throat and pretending to choke, while the worker actually started chocking, "You can't breathe", Caroline chuckled as the worker fell to the floor, "Oh, my god, are those spiders all over your body?".

"Ooo, spiders, that's cruel" Aria commented.

Caroline chuckled and both the sisters listened as slowly the workers heartbeat gave up and he laid in the middle of the bar, dead.

"Look at that, I did it" Caroline said, "Poor guy was so scared that he died of a heart attack".

"No, he died because of compulsion" Aria corrected.