nine | to kill a witch

☆

TIME WAS LIMITED AS STEPHEN opened the Darkhold, the red magic coming to life as multiple realities lit up around them. They searched with Talia's eyes flickering to each reality before Stephen plucked their home from the air.

Expanding it, Talia could see America's back arching, a scream tearing at her throat as the Scarlet Witch drained her power. The sound was enough to crack at Talia's heart as she looked away.

"Hold on," said Stephen, though America could not hear him. "We are coming."

Then, he crouched, hand slamming the power back into the book as he searched through the pages, trying to find a spell to get them back.

"Stephen, I could glitch—"

"You have just discovered the power," Stephen reminded her. "Glitching around the Multiverse so soon might be pushing it."

"Good point," Talia agreed, hating that he was right.

Any other time, then Stephen would have cherished the moment.

Finding a spell, the pages glowed red as Christine joined them, believing it was safe for her to be here now. As much as Talia wished there was a safer way for them to get back, they did not have the time or power to find a way. Perhaps Talia could, but what if she ended up in the wrong universe, lost and alone?

"What are you doing with the Darkhold?" Christine questioned, horrified as if this Stephen had proved her right. "Are you going to dreamwalk?"

"It's a little bit more than just dreamwalking," Stephen confessed.

"All you Strange's are the same," accused Christine.

"I know," Stephen stood, facing her. "You're right. We are all the same, but right now that kid needs us, and I need you both to help. While I am under, I need you to protect my body in case they attack me for trespassing."

"Who is they, Stephen?" Talia asked, not liking this plan.

"Souls of the damned," Stephen answered.

"Wait," said Talia, fingers catching his arm as he looked towards her. "You know, I'll protect you, but America needs me."

Stephen held her stare, noticing her concern. "Once America is free, then you can find a way to end your life," said Stephen, sounding tense as if he did not like this part of the plan. "Then you can join us to finish this."

"But America needs to open a portal," Talia pointed out.

"Oh, she will," Stephen promised.

Talia felt her breathing hitch, knowing this was the ultimate level of trust. But she realised that there was no hesitation as she knew that Stephen would not risk her life and he would do whatever he could to save America.