Protective Of You: Peter Ballard

Being one of Dr. Brenner's children wasn't easy, you didn't have a normal childhood like most, and most of all you didn't have someone who loved and cared for you genuinely that was until you met Peter. 

Peter was different from the other nurses and orderlies there, he seemed to take an interest in you and look after you whether you realized it or not. When he first came up to you and started talking to you, you didn't talk to him figuring he was like the other adults there waiting for you to screw up or one of the children to bully you and not do anything. 

"Why do you show so interest in me?" You asked about the third or fourth time of coming over and trying to talk to you. 

"Because I see so much of myself in you. I see what others don't, like how number three and number six always bully you but then act like a victim when you react to them in hopes of Papa punishing you." He said making you look up at him because you assumed most of the adults didn't see that stuff only you reacting. 

"I just wanted to help you number twelve not hurt you, which I know is hard to believe but I'll prove it too and if you decide you want to back off then I will." He said as nodded processing his words. 

It happened again, after a lesson with papa you all were in the rainbow room playing when number three decided to push you as you worked on some legos making you spill the whole bucket out as the other kids laughed at you. 

"You gonna cry? Go ahead Papa won't care." Number three taunted as you fought the tears that threatened to spill. 

"Number three that's enough!" Peter said grabbing the boy's arm and telling the other olderly to take number three to his room as well as the other children. 

"Are you okay number twelve?" He asked kneeling in front of you and helping you pick up the legos. 

"Thank you." You said throwing your arms around him. 

From that moment you saw Peter as your older brother and protector knowing that as long as he was around, no more harm would come to you and you were grateful for him.