Chapter 68: Persuade Me

Heyy gorgeous people, welcome back ;)

Hope yall are doing okay, if not feel free to message me anytime u want 💪🏽😩

Now, hope you'll enjoy reading this chapter <3

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share!

☾︎ Maeve ☽︎

"Why are you giving me so many surprises? I'm starting to think you want me to have a heart attack." I chuckle, watching as the trees pass by de car window.

A laugh escapes his lips, his head shaking repeatedly.

All I know is that Silas wants us to go swimming, but I still don't know where we're going to swim.

"I simply think you deserve these kinds of surprises," He smiles, that kind of smile that could make a person's body light up in fire.

I would do anything just to see him smile like that again.

I look down at my lap, my eyes skimming over the red diamond ring on my ring finger as a smile creeps up my face while my thoughts wander towards him.

Silas would look too hot in only a swim trunk... Am I really thinking about that right now?

"What are you thinking about, hm?" Silas hums, his gaze flickering towards me for a quick second before he pulls his attention to the road again.

"What do you mean?" I mumble, looking at myself in the little mirror beside the car.

He chuckles as his hand travels to my thighs, curling his fingers around the skin gently.

"Well, you're smiling to yourself. Your cheeks are pink and you're looking down at your lap, staring at your engagement ring." He exposes me. He knows me too well...

"And you always do that when you're thinking about something rather... Steamy." The tension rises in the car as I clear my throat, opening the window at my side.

"Or am I wrong?" His eyebrows raise as a smirk paints his lips, my eyes examining his side aspect.

"Yes, you're wrong." I clear my throat and try to do the same to the unholy thoughts roaming inside of my head, "It's just hot in the car."

"Mhm, is it?" He chuckles, a hint of his raspy voice escaping from his throat.

"Yes. It is, why? You don't believe me?" I get defensive, not wanting to boost his ego this time.

He shakes his head, the corners of his mouth tilting down, "No, no. Of course, I believe you."

I catch a hint of sarcasm in his voice as he slowly rubs circles on my inner thigh, his hand cold against my skin.