Classroom 𖤓 - Bonus Chapter [Dual POV]

**NO SPECIFIC DATE ON WHEN THIS OCCURS, JUST ROLL WITH IT**

My mouth opens slightly as a yawn exhales, burying my face in my arm to try and muffle it as the professor continues on drowning about human neuropsychology and it's relation to memory disorders. The end of the lecture is near as he starts writing chapter numbers on the board for us to go over, and I lethargically pack up my things to go meet Dean outside.

We finished class around the same time—him a half hour before me so he usually lounges at bench with his notes pulled out studying.

My mind is on short circuit and all I want to do is curl up in his arms and sleep for an eternity. With my things packed, I toss my bag over my shoulder and make my way down the everlasting steps and out the door, following other students who are also trying to go outside.

My hand raises to rub at my eye, shooting a smile at someone who held the door open for me and a small thanks as my eyes automatically wandered the area looking for a familiar brunette in his slouchy sweater and baggy jeans—converse donned on his feet decked out in silver jewelry.

With a few more steps out I see him. And someone else.

His notes and laptop are open on the table, sprawled around like he was in the midsts of doing an assignment yet Dean himself was standing up beside his chair, talking to a girl I assume is from one of his classes.

My steps start to falter as I wonder about hanging back, not wanting to interrupt. Dean is an almost-teacher assistant and it's obvious other kids know that, and he waited for me for a half hour so I can easily do the same.

But as I go to grab my phone, hoping to scroll mindlessly as I wait for him I see her openly laugh and place her hand on his arm.

There isn't a specific feeling I have seeing that interaction, but pressure in my chest tightens and I grip my phone sliding it out of my pocket so I can focus on something else.

There's absolutely no reason for me to feel this way—I trust Dean. I know him.

It's only when his head tilts over, staring at her hand on his arm intensely for a second before taking an obvious step back does a small breath of air leave my lips, loosening the ache in my throat.

Her hand falls off and her smile dims for a second, and watching Dean's stance I know he's starting to get uncomfortable as his eyes flicker back to his things on the table, then to the doors where he expects me to walk through, and he nods his head talking less and less.

I take this opportunity to make my way over to him, a smile on my face. As I gain closer I can hear their conversation more—realizing she's talking about something I'm familiar with as I took the class last semester.

"So, I was just wondering if you could help me on that section? Maybe we could grab a bite now if you're free! I know this great dinner place a five minute walk from here."

"Um..." Dean murmurs, and I can tell how uncomfortable he is so I speak up instead. "I can't—"

"Hi, Dean." I stand beside him, my smile widening as I look up at him with my arm wrapping around his waist. He instantly relaxes into my hold, a look of relief crossing his features knowing he won't be having to continue their awkward conversation anymore.

Dean's hand instantly goes to my back, his finger twisting around a lock of hair playing with the ends as a sort of fidget to calm his anxiety.

I turn my head back at the girl before us, and her eyes flicker between the two of us before returning to Dean's face, completely ignoring me.