thirty six

As Armani released me from his warm hug, I was engulfed by Luca's calming scent

As Armani released me from his warm hug, I was engulfed by Luca's calming scent. He smelled like the oceans, the sand by the water. My nerves eased and I allowed myself to allow his comfort.

"I love you, principessa." he kissed the top of my head. I tried not to acknowledge his affection towards me but I couldn't help myself and I squeezed him tighter. I felt him smile as he spoke, "I missed you so much Tia. Every day and night, I just wanted you to be back to cuddle with me." His words laced with affection and hurt, squeezed my heart. 

I saw a feeling of longing in everyone's eyes but Fran interrupted, "Our business partners are here." Just as he spoke, Laura pulled me to her and held my back to her front with her hands on my shoulders. 

The doors to the ball room opened yet again and I saw lot of people entering. All of the men were dressed in formal suits and the women were either in skirts or in dresses. It was the Spanish and the Greek. A wasn't here. My breath stopped as their eyes landed on me. A subtle look passed by papa signalled them all to act unfazed. 

"Good evening." Fran coldly announced as he motioned all of us . The party was going to start in about twenty minutes. I wondered how calm he was to show his emotions in front of papa but his cold facade was back up yet again. 

"Stavros Argyros." Fran nodded at the Greek Don. With a firm nod from him, he greeted the Donna, "Helena Argyros." She coldly nodded at him and monotonously reciprocated, "Francisco Ferrari" 

Fran proceeded to the Spanish Mafia whose faces held a cold emotion. If I wasn't wrong, then it was largely due to my presence next to Laura. As Izan promised me, he hadn't told anything to them, but I couldn't and didn't want to hide it any longer. "Santiago Morales." Fran coldly nodded at him who replied with a tight but firm shake of hand, "Pleased to meet you Francisco Ferrari." From all I could gather, he was being sarcastic. Although their relation was closer, but his tone held sarcasm beneath his fine words. The rest of his brothers weren't here. He was here with Izan and Luis, his second in command. 

Luca's monotonous voice rung next, "The mail stated the reason of your arrival. The engagement party shall begin soon but we have organised for your stay here." 

"My sons shall be here by tonight." Helena's voice echoed. My eyes widened. Was A going to be here? His training wasn't supposed to end for another 60 days, so I suppose not. 

The doors bursted open and some unknown faces came into our view. The lady looked good if it weren't for the wide grin plastered on her face and the red lipstick staining her teeth. Her arm was entwined with a man of her age, her husband. He wore a wine coloured tux that matched his wife's sparkly dress. Her blond hair were tied in a neat ponytail. Suddenly Maria and Toffee appeared. They had been busy getting ready all this while.

Maria's face split into a wide smile, resembling the lady's. "Amalia!" She laughed and embraced the lady into a very tight hug, ignoring all others in the giant ball room. The lady, Amalia reciprocated by hugging her back and exclaiming, "Maria! My my, you look so good." Her nose turned up for a second but a smile replaced her emotions. "Oh," Maria waved it away, "Look at you!" She checked her out and offered a small smile.