Part II (56): Roseanne-Bambam

DAY 175

ROSEANNE

Case after case after case after case.

Why these people never run out of problems?

Mostly, the cases that I handled were just about money. They are confident enough to file a case against someone that is indebted to them. 

It's tiring to hear my clients complain about money.

One time, I got irritated because I was really tired and sick of hearing their annoying voices, so I threw a stash of money in my client's face for shouting beside me and keeping interrupting the judge.

How I wish I hadn't insisted on my father letting me work for another firm to get experience and to not receive any special treatment just because I'm from the Park family.

Since I'm a newbie, my seniors gave me a hard time by always throwing me money-related cases.

Because of work, I can't see my girlfriend like I usually do. She was also busy with work, so we barely went on dates or even talked on the phone.

Sigh...

I walked inside our dark house, not even bothering to turn on the light. All I wanted to do was go straight to bed. 

I had the worst day today. 

First of all, I handled lots of cases today, and I ended every trial in three minutes since the cases that I received were all annoying complaints about the people who were indebted to my client.

Lastly, I missed Jisoo terribly and I badly wanted to see her.

I slowly walked into the empty living room, looking around before sighing. Normally, I would find my big sister here laying on the couch watching TV, waiting for me to get home.

Alice-Unnie would see me, smile at me, pat the spot next to her, and hand me a box of Chinese fried noodles. Then we would watch anything that was airing on TV.

I smiled slightly, thinking about my sister and I's routine after a tiring work day before plopping down on the spot Alice-Unnie normally occupied.

I soon got knocked out of staring out of nowhere without thinking at all when I heard my phone ringing from my YSL purse. 

I picked it up, tapping the screen, not even looking at the caller ID. 

"Hello, babe." I said over the phone.

"Hey baby," the other end replied, making me immediately smile at the sound of my girlfriend, Jisoo, voice. "How are you?"