The Legendary Tribe - Lime

Inside the SM100S Antarctic Exploration Snowmobile

"Lieutenant Leontchev called! A Rotom polar bear is approaching from the front!"

""!!""

Following Murata's fall, the words delivered by Sergeant First Class Kiyama sent the members of the survey team into an instant of tension.

"Everyone, prepare for battle! BTR-D, pick up Lieutenant Leontchev!"

"Understood!"

Upon receiving Wajima's order, the BTR-D breaks away from the formation and rushed to Leontchev's position. In the middle of this, four Russian soldiers readied the PKT 7,62 mm machine gun. On the other hand, a total of 10 people, consisting of five GSDF members and the remaining five Russian soldiers, were ready to fire in case the BTR-D is breached, brandishing the 40 mm rotary magazine grenade launcher, RG-6 and AK-12s, and surrounded the SM100S with non-combatants on board.

Snowfield on top of a hill

'...It's getting closer this way! So it recognized my voice... it's intelligent!'

Leontchev was peering through binoculars, monitoring the movements of the ravenous beast. Behind the lenses, he saw a scary-looking beast running toward him with agility that did not match its huge body.

'We have to rescue Murata as soon as possible!'

Leontchev bit his lower lip. Driven by the frustration of not being able to rescue Murata as soon as possible, the BTR-D reveals itself to him.

"Lieutenant Leontchev! Are you all right!?"

A crew member emerged from the front hatch and asked Leontchev if he is safe.

"Yeah! I'm fine!" Leontchev yelled, and promptly climbed into the BTR-D through the large hatch in the rear."

Inside BTR-D

Once aboard the BTR-D, Leontchev notified his four subordinates, who were also riding in the vehicle, of the current situation.

"The polar bear is heading toward us in a straight line from about 500 meters ahead. Have the machine gun ready!"

""Yes, sir!""

To the commander's order, the four soldiers answered in a clear voice. After confirming the completion of combat preparations, Leontchev contacted First Lieutenant Wajima, who was waiting around the SM100S in the rear.

"Lieutenant Wajima! We're going to attack!"

"Copy that!"

After contacting the other commander, Leontchev hung up his walkie-talkie and immediately gave his next order.

"Ready the machine gun!"

Two machine gunners, under the commander's orders, opened the front hatch and exposed their figures to the cold air.

"Whoa...! That thing's huge..."

One of the machine gunners, Private First Class Veniamin Azarov, was intimidated by the killing and madness emitted by the Rotom polar bear, which boasts a stature more than four times that of a typical polar bear on Earth.

GROOOOOAR!

It was rapidly closing the distance and had such a vicious look on its face that it was certain that if they did not put up any resistance, they would definitely be slaughtered.

"...Open fire!"

RATATATATA!

At Leontchev's command, the two machine gunners pressed the trigger. At the same time, the two machine guns opened fire.