Ahmiyat

AHMIYAT: Importance

It had been just a few hours since Yash had left me home. I kept glancing at the watch on the wall while preparing for lunch. The inner restlessness was driving me crazy. I inhaled a huge amount of air, concentrating on chopping the potatoes.

"Is everything fine?" Savita Tayi inquired, staring at my anxious state.

I pressed a smile, blinking at her in assurance. "It is... I am just feeling tired." I muttered, rubbing my eyes in exhaustion.

She walked towards me slowly, pulling the knife from my grip. "Why don't you go and have some rest?" I shook my head and opened my mouth to deny, but she spoke before I could utter a word. "Aarush will soon arrive and you will get busy with him. You also have to convince him about Yash's recent and sudden business trip." She was expressing her concern towards me. Well aware that I would have to handle Aarush tantrum. Yash had requested me to call him if it gets out of control.

I slowly nodded in agreement and moved towards my room. Maybe having some rest would halt the numerous negative feeling troubling my senses. Getting into the room I laid on the bed. Flashes of the past entertained my mind. The way those set of black orbs sparkled when I kissed him. The thought of the previous night made me blush hard. I nuzzled my face in pillow due to shyness though none was going to glance at me.

The smell of his cologne on the pillow made me realise he won't be present beside me for rest one month. I couldn't allow myself to sleep last night due to his absence. How was I going to survive without his presence for one whole month? I wasn't aware about his value until he was so far from my reach. I didn't want to lose him. Suddenly, the feeling made a wave of anxiety to concur my heart.

I was aware about Yukta accompanying him on the trip. The feeling of insecurity that had never crossed my spirit reached me. A statement uttered by Yash rewind in my brain.

"My mother is adamant to force me with Yukta and I guess... I will have to deal with her."

What did he meant about dealing with her? Would he provide her with another chance? He was aware about her feeling towards him? Would he chose her over me? Why was I getting anxious? What was wrong with me? Why was I afraid of losing him? I shook shutting my eyes close and forcing my brain not to roll a thought out. My overthinking mind could drive me insane.

And my trick worked and I was in deep slumber when a slight pull on my wrist, wake me up. I heard some huffing, sobbing sounds yet my brain was fogged with the after effect of sleep. It took a minute longer to completely get conscious.

"Mumma..." the sound got clear as I rubbed my eyes before it adjusted to the daylight. I could feel he was attempting to wake me up. "Mumma... did Dada left me, again?" As those words registered in my brain I jerked my eyes open.

Aarush dark orbs were staring at me with defeat. My heart ached as a reminder of a familiar human registered in my brain. I shook off my thought concentrating on my child who was on verge of shattering down into pieces.

"Baby..." I sat on the bed properly, extending my hand to grab his wrist but he backed off from me. His set of brown orbs staring at me with accusation.

"Where is my Dada, Mumma?" He inquired making me tense. I wanted to explain him but he seemed adamant to get his answer. Not interested in my justification. "He left me, right? Just like... Rishi..." My eyes enlarged in horror as those words rolled down his tongue. Rishi! That couldn't be possible. He couldn't know about him.

"Rishi? How? What are you even..." He interrupted me. He was scowling at me, his orbs accusing me of a betrayal.

"He left me because you pushed him away. He left me as Rishi, my Dada did. He isn't going to come back... he left me like Rishi Dada did. Just because of you Mumma. It's all because of you. I won't ever forgive you... never in my life." He was sobbing as he muttered those words. My heart was craving to pull him in my arms but he was constantly opposing me. His hands pushing me away while his legs distancing from me.