SLAP

Kaveri's POV

After a period of time, I was irritated with my mother in-law's crying. I don't understand the reason for her to feel sad or to cry. Not able to tolerate her presence anymore, I stood up to leave the room but as soon as she saw me getting up, she too stood up and said, "Please listen to me once."

I felt weak seeing her tears but I decided to stick to my decision. I don't love my husband anymore but I also don't want to divorce him. I have no one to support me. I'm a nobody. I don't even have a degree. I lost all my prime years of life being a wife and a daughter in-law. I know that it's difficult to survive in this world all alone. I'm afraid to stay alone. Even though I don't have anyone dear to me in this family, I still have security here. Even though people can taunt me with their words, no one can physically harm me.

Irritated with her behaviour, I unintentionally pushed her. Even though she was not hurt by the push, she looked very offended and to my bad luck my husband and his brother also came home at the same time.

Seeing both of us, his brother made his mother sit on the sofa and looked at me like he was disappointed with me and my shameless husband said, "I never expected this from you" which angered me and I said, "Even I never expected you and your family to be this shameless."

Both the men were angered by my words but didn't react. I sat on the sofa and changed the channel and started watching a comedy show and even though, I didn't understand the joke, I laughed hard to anger them.

Irritated with my behaviour, my so called shameless husband turned off the telivision but I was not bothered by his behaviour and decided to go to my room but my he caught my elbow and stopped me. I hated being touched by him and pushed him away and warned him to never touch me again.

My brother in-law came between both of us and said, "You divorce my brother. I know that you want my brother to suffer but I would never let that happen. I know that your heart is filled with hate for us."

I laughed loudly listening to him and after controlling my laughter I said, "Did you forget the days where you begged me to convince your brother to lend you money for your business? Did you forget the days where I supported you when your brother kicked you out of the house? I supported you when you had no one. Today you have the guts to warn me."

Listening to me, my brother in-law instantly bowed his head shut his mouth and his brother said, "What do you want me to do for you to divorce me?" Listening to him, tears filled my eyes and I said, "Give back everything which I lost because of marrying you. Give back my education, my children, happiness, give back my wasted years."

I thought my husband would not say a word after listening to me but he said, "Not only you, even I lost my children and happiness. I would have never married again if you were capable of giving me healthy kids. I gave you everything but you were not able to give me a healthy child and now you are creating a fuss like I spoiled your life. Barren woman!!"

I didn't expect him to call me barren. I requested him to stop but he didn't stop and called me barren multiple times to hurt me. I cried and said, "I'm not a barren woman. I'm a mother of four children. I'm not a barren woman. I have children." My mother in law tried to console me but my brother in-law stopped her.

My husband's daughter came home and ran into her father's arms and said, "Dad! Come! Let's play!" My husband ruffled his daughter's hair and said, "Princess! You go! I'll just come in few minutes." After she left, my husband stopped smiling and came near me and said, "I want you to agree to the mutual divorce and if you don't, I'll show you what I'm truly capable of."

I was not afraid of his words. I have nothing more to lose. As he, his mother and his brother were leaving, I said, "I wish your princess dies just like my children and I want to see if you would ignore her death like you ignored my children's death or you would cry like a madman." My mother in-law looked shocked and said, "Shut up! Don't talk about a child like that! She is like a daughter to you." My husband looked very furious and stood infront of me and said, "What did you say?" I smiled at him and looked him in the eyes and said, " I wish your daughter di.." Before I could complete the word, he slapped me hard across the cheek making me fall and caught my hair and made me stand up and again slapped me multiple times and only stopped slapping me when his brother stopped him. I couldn't stop crying as my skin was burning and while leaving he said, "I'll kill you if I again hear you talking about my daughter. You are disgusting. How can you talk about a child like that. I feel our kids are lucky to die. It's better than having a mother like you."

Everyone left, I was all alone in the house. I was hurt by his words. Maybe I was the reason for my children's deaths. I never expected my husband to hit me. My face was swollen and blood was oozing out of my lips. I didn't know what to do. I should have not spoken about a child like that but I said such cruel words in anger.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.