43

I didn't feel like spending a million years making IG stories, so ignore the half assed ones lol

Trigger warning: Struggles of bonding with the baby, thoughts of giving her away, suicidal thoughts

A/N: you're going to see Leigh waffle between the highs and lows of being a mom. Please be patient with her.

*Leighton's POV*

"Look how cute she is!" Aaliyah coo, placing the 24 hours old sign next to Gemma.

"I can't believe she'll be in this world for twenty four hours! Is your camera ready? We need to capture the exact moment!" I questioned, excited to capture this milestone.

"I still can't believe you named her after Harry Styles sister" Aaliyah said nonchalantly and I rolled my eyes.

"She's named after my mom"

"Yeah and Harry Styles sister"

"Shut up and focus on the clock so we don't miss it!"

"Fine"

We took photos of Gemma, and Lexi helped do my hair so I could take some hospital photos with her, Gabe taking over my bathroom mirror to fix his own.

"I still can't believe this came out of your body" Aaliyah let out a content sigh, softly rubbing Gemma's cheek.

"Right! I was in labor with her for like 30 hours! Pain in my ass she is!" I laughed, feeling my heart beat quicker when her face scrunched up as the sunlight hit it.

"I don't know how you managed that. If I ever have kids I'm opting out for a c-section"

"Colby was a lot of help. Gabe was too I guess.. I don't know. I don't remember too many details other than up till I got my epidural, and then Gabe passing out. Plus um.. I kinda stupidly kissed Colby.. and he's been ignoring me since" I admitted shamefully, watching her eyes widen.

"You kissed him?! Why?! Since when were you ever interested in him?" Aaliyah asked in a state of complete shock.

"I'm not.. I think I was just caught up in the moment you know.. he was there attentively my whole labor and delivery.. you don't just do that with someone you hate.. Can we not talk about my labor please, I don't want to start crying"

"You brought it up!" She laughed, bringing her camera up to her face to photograph my baby.

"I know.. I don't know. I'm struggling. Full transparency.. I know I've been laughing with you guys a lot.. but this is.. this is something else. I'm scared that I just went through something so personal.. and now things are ruined"

"What do you mean?" She asked, glancing over her shoulder at me, shushing Gemma as she started to whimper.

"I'm afraid that I went through such a personal experience with someone I barely know.. and now things are ruined. Like.. like.. he saw my baby be born.. and hasn't held a conversation with me since" I admitted, unsure of my feelings towards the situation.

"Leigh, don't worry about him. You just had a baby. The drama and the boys and worrying about anything that isn't your and your baby's well being isn't important. If you made a mistake, tell him. If you're worried, tell him, but don't let it consume you too much. Now, I'm going to need you to pick up this sweet angel and kiss her sweet face so I can take a cute photo"

After our mini photoshoot, a nurse came in and asked if we were ready to do the newborn bath.

Gabe and I watched her get the water lukewarm and carefully hand scoop some water over Gemma's head.