|| 48 ||

CHAPTER - 48
FRIENDS ?

•°~°•

A R U S H I

Finally our four periods were over and now it was break. Not forgetting to mention, today the girl sat with me in every class. About which I was really grateful. I had expected to be lonely the whole day but damn..god is with me.

This was all because of Randhir and his good luck blessings. He was the only person who actually cares about me or else there are not many Indian men who let their wives receive education. I could not believe my life would change this way. From toxic people around me to all these lovely, precious and special people around me.

When I had prayed to God every night wishing for a better life. Any happiness in my life. But then I didn't know god had these many things planned for me.

I noticed a group of boys leaning against my locker. I stopped walking waiting for them to at least move but they were just laughing and talking. I knew it wouldn't work so I approached there. “E-c Excuse me." I voiced. Their laughs came to halt as they all diverted their attention to me.

It was a group of five guys. One had dirty blond, curly hair, he had dark brown colour. His height was the smallest among all. There was this guy who looked mostly similar to him with only an eye colour difference, which was light brown. Maybe they were twins. A guy with his jet black hair fixed with gel. His eyes were piercing blue. He had a mole on his throat. There was another guy who seemed really 'calm kinda'. His face was cute. He was a golden blonde with green eyes. Then the tallest guy among them came forward. He was the most handsome guy but not more than Randhir, though. He had broad shoulders. He had an Adam apple, moving everytime he gulped or spoke. His blonde hair was tied backward into a tiny pony. His eyes were staring at me intensely. Or with some other emotions in his eyes, I could not understand it.

“You. Do-" the tall guy raised his hand to stop when the blue-eyed guy was about to hurt me. “What do you need ?" He asked. “Ac-Actually it is my locker where you are standing."

“Oh this. Oh god. Haha..sorry. Go ahead, sweetie." He spoke in a very sweet voice. He didn't seem like a gentleman but anyways, we should not judge a book by its cover. Maybe he was a good person.

I gave them a smile and opened my locker to place my books. “Let's go, guys." He ordered his group. They all turned their heels and started fading into the crowd. While they were leaving I did not miss to notice how the tall guy turned and gave me a look.

I ignored it and went to the cafeteria. My gaze roamed around the room, I felt bad when I saw the same girl eating all alone at a corner seat. I made my way there completely understanding that I need to take the first step.

“May I sit here ?" She looked up, for a mili second her eyes shined but then again she dropped her stares and motioned her head, positively. I smiled and took the seat,“What's your name ?" I questioned. She pressed her lips together then spoke,“A-Anna."

“Hello, Anna. I am Arushi. I was wondering uh- Can we be friends ? Please. I don't have any friends here and I don't like being alone." I spoke hopefully. She looked at me with disbelief, perhaps waiting for me to take my words back. So I brought my hand forward for a hand shake,“Friends?". She glanced between me and my hand. She finally threw a cute-shy smile. “Friends."

I squealed,“Wow..! Let's celebrate. Wait let me think how we can. Oh I will buy ice-cream for us." I heard her chuckling,“we can not get ice-cream in university, silly." I bit my tongue. I always get over excited about everything.

“Oh then let me get something for us." I went to order. I brought cupcakes and sandwiches for us with apple juice packs.

We had our lunch then went to the library. They ended with lots of chit-chat and fun. Anna didn't take much time to get comfortable and open up with me. She was quite talkative and cute. I literally fell in love with her chubby cheeks. She was not fat but quite chubby.  

We were leaving together when I looked at the entrance. “Bye, Anna." We bid each other our byes before working on our vehicles. I guess it was her father who had come to pick her. Randhir was also waiting for me at the gate. I grinned when his head moved in my direction. My legs dashed to him, I crashed into his arms, I snuggled in his warm arms. His fingers caressed my scalp making me melt. He pecked my nose before querying,“How was your day?"

”Amazing. You won't trust me but I made a friend. Can you believe on my first day only I made a friend. Her name is Anna. She is so cute. I always squeeze her marshmallow like cheeks." I kept blabbering till we reach in front of our car with holding each other's hands.

“I am really proud of you. Now sit. You must be tired." He opened the car door. I leaned and sat inside. I put on the seat belt until he was ready to drive.

I told him about everything that happened today. How the teachers were. And I also mentioned our economics teacher. How sweet that man was.

Suddenly his phone started to vibrate and ring near the steering wheel. He took it in his hand to check. His expression changed from happy to worried and nervous. I frowned. He pushed the brake making the car halt promptly. I gasped. He gave me a tight lip smile before exiting from the car.

I observed through the glass. He was rubbing his forehead with a sorrowful expression.

When he was done he came and sat at his place. None of us talked. He was tense all the time. “Randhir. What's wrong?"

He gulped,“Uh-nothing angel. Don't worry." I was not satisfied with his answer but thought to not take the conversation any further.

~to be continued~

Words : 1077

Published : 06 June 2022

•••••

{A/N}

How was the chap ?

Randhir was worried about what?

Many more interesting things are on there way. Keep reading. ;)

Btw what do you want for next chapter?
ROMANCE / SUSPENSE
Choose one.

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow for more

Writer,
Pratibha 

Peace out✌️