Chapter 16 -

Lucy POV -

After a few days, dad had arrived home with Bella. He thanked Jasper for staying with me and looking after me. The days leading up to prom had been hell thanks to Bella. She had really been milking her injuries by demanding me and dad do everything for her. She was in a boot but she could still walk just fine. It got to the point where I would try and stay out as much as I could just to get away from her. 

A week has gone by and that meant it was time for prom. Surprise, surprise, Bella could walk fine when it came to prom, but at this point I just ignored her. Rose had come over to help me with my hair and makeup. After a few hours of laughing, singing, and dancing, Rose left to get her dress on, telling me what time Jasper would be picking me up.

 After a few hours of laughing, singing, and dancing, Rose left to get her dress on, telling me what time Jasper would be picking me up

The doorbell goes and I shout down that I'll be down in a minute. I get my shoes on and grab my bag before making my way downstairs. I see Jasper standing there talking to my dad, and he looks so good. The sound of my heels on the stairs alerted them to me, and when they turned around they both had different reactions. 

Dad looked proud and said, "sweetheart, you look amazing," and gently hugged me.

Jasper on the other hand was speechless, and I could see some lust in his eyes. When he finally snapped out of it he grabbed my hand kissing it. "Darlin, there are no words to explain how beautiful you look." After several rounds of photos, Jasper starts to lead me out to a very nice car, when something grabs all our attention. 

Bella stumbled down the stairs in a plain, boring dress, that didn't fit her properly. Dad managed to get out some compliments and she looked at Jasper and me as if she was waiting for us to compliment her. We stayed quiet and just stared back. I noticed Bella looking at my dress and she looked envious like she couldn't believe I would look good in this. Just as things were becoming awkward, Edward showed up in his car and Bella literally ran to him. I looked at dad in disbelief because she had us slaving over her because she 'couldn't walk' and here she is running like someone was chasing her. Dad just sighs and tells us to go. 

When we arrive at the venue, Jasper helps me out and we go to have our photo taken. Once we make it inside, I see the rest of the Cullens, and I have to say, they are all gorgeous. 

"Ooooh, girls you are making me question myself," I say jokingly. We all just laugh and they drag me to dance before Jasper can steal me for the night. I spent the night dancing with the girls and of course, Emmett had to get in on it. Later on, Jasper led me outside to a beautiful area, which was lit up with fairy lights and we began to dance. 

After a while of us dancing with just the background music as sound, Jasper gets my attention.

"Lucy, my entire immortal life has been lonely, and unfulfilling. That was before I met you. You have lit up my life and made it worth living. I will spend the rest of this life loving you. One day I want you to be my wife." He says with an enormous amount of emotion. I can feel my eyes watering and before I can say anything Jasper carries on. 

"Lucy Swan, I love you..." and he gets out the most beautiful promise ring, and that is when I let the tears fall. I grab his face and kiss him before telling him that I love him too. This causes him to pick me up and spin me around.

We spend the rest of the night in our own bubble, not knowing what is to come. 

A/N I have no idea when the next chapters are going to be out

A/N I have no idea when the next chapters are going to be out. So please be patient and thank you all for the support you have shown me <3