Chapter 14: you're lying

y/n swung to a halt, feet pressing into the dirt beneath her soles as she breathed in slowly.

she didn't want to be a part of it.

five could solve his own problems.. except it wasn't just his problem.

she didn't want to die. not like this.

and so she did help, whether they wanted her help or not, she needed to do this.

she silently chewed on her lip, willing herself to stay where she was. she shouldn't be risking her life for them. she shouldn't get up. she shouldn't keep following their life threatening actions.

but anything for family right?

she scoffed but stood despite her annoyance. here she was crawling back to those who didn't even bother to stay for more than a day in her company unless there was a world ending apocalypse.

her eyebrows furrowed as exited the calm park, how did they know five wasn't crazy anyways? how old did he say he was, 58? what bullshit.

she huffed a laugh at that, she was still 16 after all.

before she knew it she was once again back in front of the place she sadly called home.

-----------

allison stepped up beside diego, watching quietly as grace patched up five's wound. neither spoke for a moment, merely mulling over the day's events in their head.

softly, diego turned to look at his sister, "anything?"

"there's no answer at vanya's place" allison begun, continuing in a disbelieving tone. "and the receptionist at her music school said she was a no show for her lessons today"

there was a moment of silence again before diego stepped back, allison following his movements. "hey, are you okay?"

"yeah... i don't know its just surreal seeing her" he paused, looking back over at grace, "i just want to tell her that i'm so-"

allison stared at him, suspicious but allowed him to move on anyways. "we don't have enough time we gotta go"

"i don't know, diego. five is laying there, unconscious" she gestured, off-handedly towards the said boy, "and y/n is still out somewhere no one knows. we need them."

"we can do this ourselves" diego argued,

"we did that already, remember? we all ended up dead" allison pointed out, before softening "i don't know, i'm just- i'm thinking maybe i should go and see claire before-"

"you can't run away from this, allison, that's what started all of this in the first place" he sighed, defeated "luther was right"

allison scoffed, eyebrows raised "i didn't think i'd ever hear you say those words"

"yeah, well, we gotta stick together" he shrugged, and she finally agreed.

"where do we start?"

-----------

y/n pushed the door open to a once again empty house. with a brief glance around she quickly made a beeline for the room she knew they would have taken five. she peered around the doorway only to see grace seated beside five, who remained unconscious.

her mother figure held a book in her hands, perfect posture as usual as she waited for five to wake.

y/n jumped when a voice spoke up behind her.

"allison and diego left some time ago"

"pogo! oh my god" she held a hand to her heart, breathing out slowly before pausing, "where did they go?"