- ꕤ 1: ADEPTUS

SHUT IT DOWN!

IT'S UNSTABLE.

WHAT HAPPENED?

Y/N? Y/N!

SOMEONE GET THEM OUT OF THERE!

. . .

A bird flies out of its nest.
Yet, in the most unexpected ways.

The sound of heavy rainfall consumed your sense of hearing. Screams, shrieks of panic, they all ceased to exist in a second. Your heart raced despite feeling like you've been asleep for hours. Maybe all of it was merely a dream and it was finally time to wake.

Your eyes opened themselves naturally. One look was all it took to make you realize you didn't know where you were. You were in the middle of the streets with no civilians in sight. Though, in this weather, you would've thought so.

Was this still a part of your dream?

You felt the mud below your fingers, hands sinking deeper into the soil. It stained your clothes. A white jumpsuit— dirtied by the earth. A name tag was found on the left side of your chest. You sat up from your position, observing the surrounding area. While doing so, your head ached greatly. You tried standing up despite the pain and felt your legs wobble like jelly.

'What the hell happened to me?' You thought.

From the distance, you could spot a large building held up by a... tree? The more you see, the more you don't understand. Limping to the nearest road sign, you started to read what was written.

"Wangshu... Inn? Why does that seem so familiar?" You questioned. It wasn't just that name alone that brought you a feeling of familiarity. The world you entered was not yours— you were sure of it. Yet, it still feels as though you've been here before. That, or you knew about it. Why else would you feel this sense of déjà vu?

Must be because you were in a dream...

"Are you a traveler?" Someone from behind suddenly asked. The sudden voice scared you, making you jump. The man only laughed. He stood in the heavy rain without an umbrella yet showed no sign of discomfort.

"I can lead you to a shelter. " He smiled, grabbing your arm gently. It didn't feel right. You retreated, pulling yourself away from the stranger. Lost memory or not, you sensed danger within the premises.

"No. I'm fine, I was just about to go home." You said sternly.

"Oh? Let me walk you home then!"

"I said no. Leave me alone, please. Thanks." You said, walking towards the direction of the inn. You knew better than to follow a stranger who wouldn't listen.

"Got an attitude, eh? Alright then. I tried acting nice but it seems you didn't appreciate that."

The man grabbed your arm once more, but he was no longer gentle. It was a grip so tight you felt your circulation stop. The grip was sure to leave a bruise.

Pain. You felt real pain.

"Wh— Let go of me!" You yelled, pushing the man away. He did not listen. The stranger only led you to a group of others who had the same clothes as him.