Thirty

Auden texted Emmie that she was going to Jimin's apartment and then because she was a coward she shoved the phone into her pocket before she could read her friends' response. She didn't want discouragement or encouragement, whichever her friend decided to give.

Jimin didn't even return backstage to meet with the band members, he texted Han there in the tunnel and then he was leading her outside the venue to a secluded side parking lot that she hadn't seen before.

Han was waiting for them right outside the door already holding open the door to the backseat for them.

"Good evening, sir," Han greeted Jimin as he climbed into the car with his hand threaded through Auden's.

"Thanks for the quick pickup, Han," Jimin answered and Han simply bowed slightly at the waist before returning to the driver seat and pulling away from the venue.

"Is it okay that he knows?" Auden whispered to Jimin as they pulled away.

"Han would never tell a soul," Jimin assured her. "Also, you don't work for HYBE anymore. So technically what we're doing isn't against the rules."

She didn't know how to feel about that. Because even though she didn't work for HYBE anymore, Jimin was still one of the biggest K-pop stars in the world. So things were definitely still complicated. But Auden didn't want to think about that. She was tired of fighting her feelings for Jimin, and she could think about the consequences another day.

They settled into the back of the SUV as they pulled away from the stadium. He wound his arm around her waist and with his other hand he began drawing lazy circle on her thigh. She shivered at his touch and her eyes flitted to Han in the driver seat, worried what he would think.

"Stop worrying," Jimin murmured, his lips touching the skin right behind her ear. His breath was warm and she felt her muscles go weak at the feel of him so close.

"Jimin, Han is right there," Auden whispered, but her breathing was slightly labored. She was struggling to think straight.

"He's not even looking back here. He's focused on the road," he assured her, and then his hand left her thigh and he reached up, his fingers reaching up to run through the strands of her auburn hair. "You're so beautiful," he whispered, his dark eyes gazing at her with a longing she mirrored.

He nuzzled her with his nose and pressed soft kisses to her neck, effectively driving her insane all the way back to his house.

When they pulled up to the apartment her heart was beating to an irregular rhythm and she desperately sought fresh air outside the car. If he kept touching her and kissing her the way he was, she was going to lose all logical reasoning. Already she was disobeying every inner thought telling her she was walking into a fire that would surely get her burned.

Han parked and Jimin thanked him before helping Auden out of the car. They walked into the lobby and memories of her time living there came rushing back to her. She could even smell the salty ocean on the air and it made nostalgia wash through her.

"I've missed this place," she admitted as they rode up to the floor where his apartment was.

"It hasn't been the same without you," Jimin said.

The elevator pinged and they both stepped onto his floor. They walked up to the door and Jimin fished the key out of his pocket—nervous butterflies swarming Auden's stomach.

Once unlocked, he opened the door for her, and she stepped into the dark foyer.

She didn't know what she expected to happen. But it definitely wasn't Jimin closing the door behind them and then proceeding to turn her around and press her up against it.