Crystal Pt. 1

I don't think this is a good idea. Who knows what will happen? And I thought you had to inherit the powers like how I have ice as does my dad, and Coral is axolotl like her mom. In no world would I believe that someone could read my mind unless I saw it myself.

Meza left to get terracotta while Dawn left for the nether. I pulled Ruby and Coral aside. 

"We need to get permission from Cacti, don't we?" I said. Coral nodded and the three of us flew down to Pixandria. I circled down to the palace and knocked hoping for an immediate answer. It didn't come. Not for at least 15 minutes. I sighed and started to walk away. If we couldn't see the king then we could at least do some sightseeing.

"Where are you going?" Ruby asked.

"To do some sightseeing while we wait." I responded then continued on my way across the granite paths. 

"I could give you a tour," Coral said, "That's the UnderDavid, Cacti's copper aging area. And that's his bee and honeycomb farm. Oh and the most famous structure in Pixandria, the Vigil." I spotted a boy, about the same age as me touching a candle that rested on the base of the Vigil. He looked hot. And he was wearing a crown.

"King Cacti?" I asked.

"That's me. And your Queen Crystal." He said, "What can I do for you?"

"Well, it's a long story. The other descendants, namely the Lost Empire heir and the Undergrove heir, wanttotravelacrossdimensionsandwefoundawaytodothatbuttheyareontherunfromtheirparentsandweneedaplacetoputtheportals, so is your empire free?"

"What she means to say is can we put a portal to another dimension in you kingdom?" Coral jumped in. Cacti nodded.

"I don't really use the northwestern corner so that should be a good spot. But you can only use it if I get to be a part because it seems like everyone else is already involved."

"Okay," Ruby said, "I'll message the others." She took off to the ocean and we were left alone. I sat down on rim and sighed, wondering what to do. I probably should be doing queenly things but this was much more interesting.

"So where are we putting this portal?" Coral asked. Cacti signaled for us to follow him and he took to the skies. We flew farther north than I had ever been and farther west than I think anyone has ever been. People might never find us here.

Cacti landed and said, "Here. It's remote and flat. How large does this portal need to be?"

"Four block octagon so this should be large enough."

"Who are you sending through?"

"I assume Enoki and probably Tiger but that's the largest amount of people."

"Why don't you just make more?" That was a good idea. I nodded to that. Coral was nodding as well. I waved my hand and created an ice cube to put on my head. It was hot out here. I offered some to Coral who gladly took and Cacti but he denied.

"Back to the Prisma Palace?" Coral suggested. After Cacti and I said yes we flew back across the desert and over the ocean. Finally, after what felt like hours of flying, we reached the Ocean Empire.

Meza, Dawn, Wilder, Enoki, Tiger, Ares, and Gil were already their.

"Ruby went to get Cherry," Wilder said as we arrived.

"You got the blocks?" I asked Dawn and Meza, continuing when they both nodded, "So Cacti had this really good idea that we make more portals because who doesn't want to see other dimensions and I think we also definitely need to send our people with more blocks so they can create new portals if we send to many people. Also Coral, where is your mom?"

"I think she's meeting with Uncle Jimmy to talk about the salmon population." Coral answered.

"All salmon deserve to live while cod need to die," Ares jumped in. At that moment Ruby came back with Cherry so we were all here.

"How much of each block did you collect?" Cacti asked.

"I got three stacks of terracotta and Dawn has four stacks of netherrack." Meza said. Dawn gave her a puzzled look. Clearly she didn't know that Meza could read minds.

"I got some purple dye for that terracotta," Cherry said. She tossed it to Meza who pulled out a crafting table and dyed the blocks purple.

"Who wants to go to another dimension?" I asked, changing the subject. Enoki, Tiger, Ares, Wilder, Dawn, Coral, and Meza raised their hands. I did the math and concluded that we need two portals to go to and two to come back. You would need a stack of each block to complete the full set.

"I'll stay," Ruby and Cacti said at the same time. Cherry and Gil joined them on the staying side. I walked over to the going side.

We took off, back to the desert as I wondered, was this a good idea?

————

Author's note: Word count: 804. I like the long chapters because they're more satisfying to finish. Thanks for reading.