C34 The Ministry Has Fallen

Chaos.

Pure and utter chaos.

People screaming and running, trampling others.

Death Eaters invading the tent where everyone attending the wedding were having a good time. Searching for one Harry Potter.

Iridessa's heart raced as fear and adrenaline kicked in.

She wanted to fight, but can't because she was being carried away from the tent by Emmet.

In the chaos nobody would notice. Her parents and Sirius said so , knowing that, that is true.

The Death Eaters weren't there for her, but if they saw her they might snatch her away because she couldn't die from a simple Killing Curse. Voldemort would want to use that.

" Press the blue button on the car. It'll get you to your house," was Sirius's parting words before he and Carlisle had run off to help people .

Iridessa didn't want to leave.

She wanted to help. She could help.

She was part of the old DA.

Luna was there and so was many others.

They could all help. But her family wanted to protect her and so she let Emmet carry her away from the danger.

The Ministry has fallen .

Kingsley had let them all know that .

It was horrible. Now many people would die and Voldemort might win.

He already has with the Ministry , and before that , Dumbledore's death.

Two victories.

How many more would there be?

Emmet placed her on the backseat with Rosalie and Alice ready to cuddle her.

Edward and Jasper stood outside and didn't get in.

" Aren't you coming?," Emmet asked.

They shook their heads. " We need to help Mom and Dad ," Edward spoke for them both," Get the girls to safety."

Emmet looked like he wanted to protest , but he didn't . He only nodded and got in slamming his hand down on the blue button.

The familiar hooking the navel  sensation  appeared and the girls tried not to scream as the portkey worked its magic.

It felt like ages before the car jolted and they found themselves sat in their garage at their house in Forks.

Iridessa scrambled out , trying not to gag or anything. Godric, she hated Wizarding travel.

Riding a bloody broom was also a big no-no for her. It was uncomfortable!

" Well, we don't even have our luggage ," Alice muttered as she got out," And look at my dress!"

Her dress was messy. Iridessa couldn't deny that.

" At least we're safe," Rosalie played the voice of reason ," Mom, Dad, Edward and Jasper aren't ! Stop whining about a dress. The dry cleaners can probably salvage it."

Alice gaped at her, speechless.

Iridessa moved to hug her. " It's okay ,Alice. Please don't be mad at Rose ? She's just being reasonable."

" But my dress, Dessa!"

Iridessa sighed , wishing she didn't have the trace on her so she could fix Alice's dress for her .

Unfortunately , MACUSA's laws are very strict.

" Oh, Alice ," she said , hugging her sister tightly ," Come , let's get you cleaned up."