Queen [0056]

The party was in full swing, and despite having the Mikaelson here, everything was going pretty well

The party was in full swing, and despite having the Mikaelson here, everything was going pretty well. For everyone else except Claire, while having an internal argument with herself, she couldn't keep the awful feeling away any longer.

Seeing Marcel here, she knew that her son had something up his sleeve, and if she was being honest with herself, she was afraid of what was to come. However, since Theo was her son, she would bear any consequences of his action.

A light tap on her shoulder broke her thoughts, a small smile appeared on her face when she turned around and saw him there.

Marcel smiled back at the woman in front of him; this woman so brave and strong and stubborn and so, so incredible, he couldn't understand how Klaus was able to betray her in any way. He knew that Klaus was an idiot, but Marcel still couldn't wrap his head around it no matter how hard he tried.

"Mother," Marcel's voice was soft with a hint of mirth, "beautiful as ever."

Claire smiled back, she hugged him, and Marcel inhaled deeply. He had missed her and her hugs. Claire's hugs were soft, warm, and filled with love; a hug only a mother knew how to give and since he never had a mother, he loved receiving her hugs. "Lovely seeing you again, Marcellus. Didn't think you would show up."

She was the only person Marcel allowed to call him by his full name.

There was something about Claire that made people bring down their guard around her, somehow she made people trust her, perhaps it was because she had this motherly aura around her that made people become soft, but whatever it was the moment Marcel meet her, instantly he knew she was the only person he was to get hurt for.

Letting her go, Marcel raised his brow: "miss my sibling's party? That's a no and besides, Lottie wouldn't let me live it down." Both vampires laughed at that, they both knew how much Lottie loved Marcel and would be very crossed with him if he missed his one.

"Speaking of Lottie, I heard you have her New Orleans," Claire said, giving him a suspicious look.

Marcel laughed, feigned an innocent face: "what? It's only fair since Theo will one day take over Mystic Falls."

Scoffing at his answer, "you think I don't know what you're playing at?" Marcel continued smiling innocently at her, "you got your revenge on them already. You drove them out of your town--"

"I wouldn't have been able to accomplish it without Lottie," he remarked, giving her a look. "Since it was her plan that drove them away, naturally she'll take over and rules the place she protected. Besides," the evil smile appeared on his face, showing his deep dimple: "New Orleans is the one place Klaus desperately tried giving to his other daughter."

He sneered, disliking Hope more. He didn't have anything against her, if it wasn't for her father and his family trying to take over what he worked so hard to protect, then he wouldn't have paid attention to her. However, since her father became his enemy and his little sister Lottie hated her to the core, naturally, he would hate her as well.

Looking over her shoulder to see Klaus and Elijah looking at them with intense expressions: "my presence completely shocked them." He laughed, waving at them.

Claire looked over then sighed, shaking her head. "He just found out about the twins, I doubt he had any idea about you and me."

Marcel hummed, a very cocky smirk appearing on his face, "well, didn't I tell you it would take him long to find out because of his pride and ego?"

"You did," she laughed, her eyes moved away from the Originals towards Marcel. Her blue eyes soften, "thank you for coming. It means a lot to the twins."

Marcel grabbed her hand and placed a gentle kiss on top, "and they mean a lot to me. Without either of them, I wouldn't have survived." His voice was sincere, and the warmness in his eyes was only for Claire and the kids.

Shaking her head, "that's not true. Even with their help, you would have survived because that's what you do, Marcellus. You're a survivor through and through."

There was a look in his eyes before it quickly went away, they became calm and serious: "that's what makes us the same. We'll both try our hardest to make it in the end, huh."

Claire cupped his cheek, "yes," she whispered, "like mother and son."

At first, Claire was hesitant to call him her son and it wasn't because he was Nik's son, but because he was much older and wiser than her. She was afraid to disappoint in any way, she was scared that she couldn't and wouldn't live up to his expectations. But his response was what made her accept him completely and truly. Marcel looked straight at her blue eyes with a serious yet pleading look: "aren't those the same feeling any mother would have towards their children? Do you not have those same worries with Theo and Lottie? What about Beau? How am I any different? Just like they, I have accepted and recognized you as my mother and now, I am asking you to accept me as your son."

His eyes lit up and the smile on his face grew, "yes," he quickly agreed. "Like mother and son."

A little later, Marcel and Claire continue their chat when she notices that her oldest twin was surrounded by werewolves. She eye-sided Marcel, "you hate werewolves and yet you went out of your way to collect many of them and gifted them to your brother. I wonder how you tamed them."

Marcel chuckled, "well with the right words, anything could be tamed, mother."

Claire hummed, clearly not impressed with his secrecy: "what are you boys planning?"

Marcel turned to Claire and smiled, instantly, Claire felt her head throb when she saw his smile. She was used to that smile, it was one Marcel and Nik and Theo all share, and it only meant one thing: trouble would follow.

"Dear Lord help us all," she sighed defeated, and Marcel's laugh was sinister as if he couldn't wait for what was to come.

"Oh relax, mother. You're going to love it."

Claire narrowed her eyes at her son, "you have the same smile as Theo when he's planning to end someone."

"Well, I did teach him," he shrugged, nonchalantly.

"But seriously, even I do not know what goes on inside that boy's mind. Let only yours." Claire continued.

"It's fine, whatever he's planning, we'll be there to help him clean it. What's the worse he could do? Bring back the dead?" he asked, although he laughed and looked carefree, the look in his eyes made Claire's body tremble. "Anyways, I'm going to stay for a while, with the Mikaelson here, there will be trouble."

Claire kept her eyes on him, trying to pick up anything that would give him away.

"Well, mother I'm going to mingle a little more before it ends." He leaned down, his lips touched her cheek in a soft kiss. He pulled away with a smile, "have fun."

Claire's eyes watched him as he grew further and further away from her, her mind quickly began to work then she sighed. Her head throbbed more and more as her mind became a mess. She looked away sighing, "they're both his son, what else did I expect?"