Thirty-one

Bailey

I've been to a lot of charity benefits, ones to support the hospital and staff, ones to raise money for different foundations, and numerous others. They're full of rich doctors and hospital representatives who could single-handedly buy the hospital and many others. I go because it's a mandatory thing.

However not one of those events has been to the caliber of this.

"Is that an ice sculpture?" Wes questions incredulously

"I want to lick it," Tyler chimes

"Don't embarrass Caleb tonight," Em sighs like she wishes she could expect anything else from them but really can't.

"He would never be embarrassed of us," Wes stated in mock hurt. They do embarrassing shit all the time, at this point we have all just gotten used to it.

My eyes scan the crowds as they all talk, standing between Bri and Emma, I simply observe.

There were a lot of huge name players here, old and young, Caleb obviously being one of them. He's one of the newer players that have emerged within what is being called the new generation of studs. Nick Ferguson, Andy Fitzpatrick, Deandre Dobbs, and Caleb have become known as the four horseman of the Chicago Bears. All insanely talented in creating the impenetrable O-line.

Though they aren't the focus tonight, many are here to honor the older names, those known to be apart of the last great generation with names including those from the generation of football my dad grew up watching.

"Speaking of the Devil," Em speaks as Bri nudges my side, taking me away from my thoughts and to the present group. More so to the group approaching us.

Caleb steps passed all the men clad in nice suits equal to his radiating confidence with guys as equally tall and broad trailing him. I know the players following him, friends,  people I've heard Beck talk about. Yet one of his closest from college isn't present. Though for some reason I don't focus on the men I'm unfamiliar with, my eyes stay trained to the one I know. Head held high and a smirk on his face.

Damn he looks good.

Yeah I need to look away, but the minute his eyes clash with mine, I can't.

"I gotta introduce you to some people," Caleb states as he meets us at the table we were currently standing near.

"Damn Kazer, I thought I was more than just some person to you," Deandre Dobbs, the Bears current Center feigns hurt, looking at Caleb. He was the oldest of the three, having just three more years on Caleb in the league. Though he's set to be a hall of famer if his career continues the way it's going.

"Yes how very rude of you," Andy Fitzpatrick, the bears star outside linebacker joins in on giving Caleb shit.

Caleb just sighs and I can't help but smile at their dynamic. I've seen them do interviews, they entertain the sports world both on and off the field.

"Where's the fourth one?" Arya chimes from her place beside Danny. I forget that she knows them, having been to more of Calebs games and practices that all of us combined. She'd gotten to know the players

"Late," Caleb grins "He's never on time,"

"Dude would be late to his own wedding," Andy nods along "Enough about his ugly ass, who are you beautiful ladies?" He takes a step towards us only to be stopped by Calebs hand to his shoulder.