🍭 𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖 🍭

we stan filler chapters

Jailen

When Harry said we were going home, he meant his house.

"I'll take you back to your apartment after my meeting." He'd said the moment we got to his house. That was three hours ago.

I was just waking up from a nap when I realized the sun was setting. And I was still alone in Harry's bed.

I sat up and swung my feet over the edge of the bed and scratched my head. Harry went into his office the moment we walked through the door and Jonah went and did whatever it is that he does when Harry isn't ordering him around. I stood up and adjusted my leggings, frowning at the slight pain between my legs before raising my arms above my head and stretching like I always did when I woke up.

I walked out into the hallway and looked around. Harry's office door was still closed but I could hear his muffled voice from behind it. I debated knocking on it. I even walked up to it, but he slammed his hand down against something and I backed away.

MInd your business, Jailen.

For once I decided to listen to myself and walk away. I made my way down the hall and looked over the banister. So quiet. I glanced over at the stairs and I couldn't help myself as I approached and touched the railing. I looked behind me, making sure I was still alone. I was.

I lifted my leg but then shook my head, "What the fuck are you doing? What are you, twelve?" I mumbled to myself, folding my arms across my chest, and decided to walk down the stairs normally. I walked down about three stairs before every ounce of common sense left my body and I hoisted myself up on the railing.

With a wide grin on my face, I slid down the railing sideways. A little too fast, though, and because of the material of my leggings, I wasn't able to catch myself or slow down. I hopped off at the last minute and stumbled down the rest of the stairs, but my socks caused me to slide across the floor and I squealed as I fell on my ass.

I pulled my bandaged wrist to my chest before I fell completely and laid on my back. I groaned, "Son of a bitch."

Not only did I hurt my ass, the pain between my legs increased. I made a mental note to stop and get aspirin on my way home.

I stood up and huffed, limping towards the kitchen. I flicked the light on and put my hands on my hips. My stomach growled as if on instinct and I glanced at the refrigerator. I tried to remember the last time I ate a full meal but nothing came to mind. I crossed the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. Empty. Well, he had juice... and a bottle of vodka? The label was in a different language. I sat it back in the refrigerator and closed it.

The pantry was right next to it. I opened it and tilted my head at the two boxes of granola bars and the single apple that rested on the shelves. I had more than this at my apartment. I closed the pantry and hummed. I felt a little bad going through his kitchen but if he expected me to remain here as much as he wanted me to, I should at least become familiar with some things.

I looked over at the cabinets but just as I went to open them, Harry's office door squeaked and footsteps sounded on the stairs. My heart raced and I rolled my lips into my mouth to keep from smiling as I decided to meet him at the bottom of the stairs. I moved quickly, practically sliding across the floor until the stairs were visible.

"You don't have anything to fucking eat, which is weird. You're like, filthy rich yet your refrigerator is emptier than mine and I don't even buy-" My sentence was cut short when I realized Harry wasn't by himself.

Arthur stood next to him with raised eyebrows and an amused smirk on his face. Harry, however, was pissed. His arms were folded across his chest and his lips were pulled into a tight line as he glared at his father.

I cleared my throat, "I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were here." I said, tearing my eyes away from Harry and offering Arthur a smile.

He waved me off and took a step forward, "Don't apologize, Jailen. You were asleep when I arrived, how could you have known?" He smiled and I tilted my head, "Harry and I were just... discussing some things."

"Oh," I inhaled deeply, "Well, I'll leave you guys alone. Harry, I'll be in the kitchen."

He didn't look my way as he nodded curtly and I felt my shoulders sag. I quickly straightened up and walked away. I could feel Arthur's eyes on me as I turned and scurried into the kitchen. I could feel myself starting to overthink so I tried to keep myself occupied. I grabbed a glass from the cabinets and walked over to the refrigerator.

I sat the glass underneath the dispenser and touched the screen. It lit up and I stared at it in confusion. It took me a moment to actually find the button that released the water.

I chewed on my bottom lip and furrowed my eyebrows. I heard the front door slam and I picked up the glass. The water was cool on my throat and I didn't notice how thirsty I had been until now. I turned around just as Harry walked into the kitchen.

I smiled at him but it was quickly wiped away when he didn't return it. I cleared my throat again, "Um, are you hungry? I could cook something but there isn't-"

"I'm not hungry," he mumbled, brushing past me to grab a cup from the strainer.

"Okay," I said, "But you haven't eaten since last night."

He finally looked up at me and he narrowed his eyes, "I said I wasn't fucking hungry, Jailen."

"I was just saying-"

"Don't say shit, Jailen. Just leave it alone!" He snapped, turning away from me and I frowned, my chest tightening.

"What the hell is your problem?" I snapped back. His attitude was unnecessary. I had no doubt it had something to do with his father but I didn't do anything to him.

"Right now? It's you." He said, glaring at me from over his shoulder.

I took a step back, bumping into the counter and blinked, "Was I a problem last night?" I asked before I could stop myself.

He chuckled dryly, "Don't start."

"Don't start what?!" I yelled, "I asked you a question, Harry!"

"And I answered!" He yelled louder and I flinched. He shook his head, "Where's Jonah?"

I stared at him, my stomach churning as he avoided eye contact with me. I felt sick. My eyes burned with tears as he brushed past me. But before he walked out of the kitchen completely, he pulled his wallet from his pocket and took his card out, tossing it on the counter.

"You wanted to go back to your apartment? Call an Uber, Jai." He walked away, not giving me the chance to respond