Mischief-Making Misfits

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Rimuru POV

Staying behind, I'm left in the room with Kalego and some of the other teachers, who happen to be giving me some strange looks. I just want to talk with the man for a moment, but it seems like I'll have a bit of an audience too.

Kalego still looks shell-shocked, sitting in the same place as before with his hand held out. Noticing that I'm looking at him, he finally snaps out of his daze and stares at me.

"I'll keep him in check, don't you worry," I say to Kalego with a smile.

I mean it, too; I don't want things to get too out of hand. Although watching Iruma win an argument with Kalego was a lot of fun, I can't have him running rampant and causing big issues. In this way, mine and Kalego's motives align somewhat.

Kalego squints his eyes disbelievingly as he probes me with his gaze, likely trying to decide if I'm being truthful.

"That is not exactly very reassuring coming from the likes of you." Kalego finally grumbles after a moment of just staring at me.

"Heh, I guess not, but I mean it," I say with a shrug, not too bothered by his disbelief.

"Your brother will fail at this, you know. He is trying to do the impossible." Kalego sternly informs me.

"Yeah, I'm aware. He'll learn from it though, so it's fine. Or maybe he'll surprise us both; who knows?" I say with a shrug.

Ciel said he'd likely fail, but that's just based on current circumstances. He has to get a stamp from every staff member, and I don't think the entire class collectively has enough time to talk with every single one and get their stamps from them.

"Are you planning on helping him?" Kalego probes, raising a questioning eyebrow.

"Not really...if he begs enough I might, though. This all doesn't really matter to me if I'm honest." I admit.

"You seem surprisingly level-headed and mature when compared to usual...it's suspicious," Kalego says, again glaring at me with eyes full of doubt.

"With Iruma acting like a loose cannon right now, I have to make up for his lack of self-restraint," I explain to him simply. "But that doesn't mean I won't let him have at least a little fun with his evil cycle...does that make sense to you?"

"Hm...I suppose I can accept that explanation." Kalego responds, not seeming fully convinced.

"Could ya do me a favor, though?" I ask after a small pause.

"Why would I want t-" he starts to say rudely.

I shoot him a small glare and Kalego stops talking and takes a deep breath, letting it out as a sigh.

"What is it?" he asks.

"If he does fail, could the classroom maybe get a renovation and repair? The trash is one thing, more of a student problem, but the classroom itself simply needs some work, and more of a school problem. I'm sure you could pull some strings to get it fixed up, as surely the conditions below aren't worthy of such a prestigious school." I say, thinking this is a perfectly reasonable request.