Fifty-Six

[|]

I was still in the elevator, trying to remember if I had paid my loan somehow in an unconscious state or if I was currently dreaming. I had read the mail on my phone one too many times to try to grasp what had happened. On one hand, I was happy at such a miracle, knowing I had hoped for one but on the other, I was not comfortable with this.

"Who could have done this? How is this even possible for the person to pay it off without my permission," I said and wracked my head. "It can't be Axel or Maddy."

Once the elevator doors opened, I stepped out and paused when I realized who might have paid it off.

"No... No, it can't be." I was angry right now and needed answers.

With the newfound discovery on my mind, I ran through the hallway until I got to Lucas' apartment door. I pushed it open and walked in. I saw Lucas in the kitchen, pouring juice into a glass cup, and clenched my hands before marching over to him.

"Who gave you the right, Lucas!" I said and he looked at me in confusion while setting the jug down.

"What do you mean?"

"Why are you like this? What is even wrong with you? You have no right to invade my private life like this just because we've kissed one or two times!" My body was shaking in anger, he had no right to go ahead and do such without my permission.

Even if he had my permission, I would still not have allowed him to do such a thing. I was dependent on myself alone. Plus, this was embarrassing.

"What are you talking about?" He asked and went around the counter to stand beside me.

I faced him and took out my phone then showed him the mail. He took my phone and went through the content before looking up at me.

"I don't understand."

I scoffed. "Can you stop pretending for once? Lucas, why did you pay off my student loan? Why would you do such a thing."

"I—"

"No! You have no justification whatsoever! Just because you took me shopping for just one day and because you are aware of my financial state, does not give you the right to think you can become my knight in shining armor. I am not a charity case! Stop trying to help me! I live with you and that's just it! We share nothing special for you to think of doing something like this!"

Lucas suddenly glared at me, I could see the anger on his face as he silently stared at me.

"And who told you about my student loan? How did you even find out about this? Have you been going through my private life?"

"Well, did you forget you left your student account logged into my laptop and you didn't even close the page! Now, what if I did?! You are the same person who was about to sell your fucking body for a measly amount of money because you're too much of a weak person to ask for help! You are in constant need and you have people around you that will genuinely help without asking for anything in return! What if I paid off your loan? You need help anyway! You should be thankful and not be a bitch about it!"

I gasped at the audacity and hissed.

"Did you just call me a bitch?!"