Part 19

Sana's P.O.V. 

I decided that it would be best to avoid Sidharth before I do something crazy. My changing feelings towards him is making me feel insecure that he liked Megha, I admit to this. But, he have loved Megha for a long time I guess and is willing to spend his life with her. I am nowhere in this life and it's best if I stay away from him. By the time I am ready to leave here, I won't have anything holding me back and I can go back home to be normal again. I know that he will try to convince me to speak to him but I am firm in my decision. I have to stay away from him. This will be the best way to kill any feelings I may have. I sighed and continued cooking when Sidharth ran into the kitchen, excited as hell calling my name, "Sana, Sana, Sana!" He skid on the ground and braked in front of me. His excitement was at its peak and before I could think anything, he hugged me tightly. I was stunned. My body froze and my heart was throbbing in my ribcage. Breaking the hug, he held my shoulders saying, "I am so happy! You know, yesterday there was something huge bothering me and that is why I was so annoyed and frustrated. But after the news Sharad just broke to me, I feel like I am flying. I am just so happy." He pulled me in again and hugged me tightly. I still stood in shock at his behaviour. "Ahem..." Someone said clearing their throat. Breaking the hug, he moved away and turned around. Everyone were standing behind us with amused faces. "Sana, careful the food burns," Roopaji said. I quickly turned off the gas and remained with my back facing them to hide my shame. "Sidharth?" Virenji called. "Yes?" He answered. "What is going on here?" He scolded. "Sorry. Actually, I just got overexcited and hugged Sana," he said. "Overexcited for what?" Sharad asked smirking. I glared at Sidharth because this was all his fault. He looked at me unable to answer, maybe because of embarrassment. "I...I got news that one of my patients are completely cured and I got excited," he said. "This doesn't look like that excitement. This looks like relief more over excitement," Daljeetji said. 

Sidharth's P.O.V. 

Everyone stood and stared at me for answers while Sana simply stood with her back turned. "Don't you all believe me?" I asked. "Sid," Sharad said coming to me sarcastically, "What are you saying? Of course we believe you. Right everyone?" "Yes!" Everyone shouted. "Breakfast is finished so I'll just go and bathe..." Sana said leaving shyly. "Oh yes! I have to go home. See you all," I said and left immediately behind her. As we reached the door, we clumsily bounced into each other and I nervously said, "Sorry." After a moment deciding who should go first, I allowed her and then left while everyone stood and looked at us. As I reached home, I closed my bedroom door and locked it, surprising me. I realised that it was because of Sana and smiled. I was so happy to hear that Sharad only considers her a sister. As I was going to the bathroom, my phone rung and Sana's name showed. Smiling, I answered, "Hey." "What was that about?" She asked. "What?" I asked. "Sidharth, that hug, what else?" She said. "Oh! I was excited so I hugged you," I said. "But why me?" She asked. "Because you were the person in front of me," I said. "Liar! You ran into the kitchen already excited," she said. "Did you not like me hugging you?" I asked. "It's not like that," she said. "Means, you liked me hugging you?" I said. "Don't act smart with me," she said. I smiled. "I'll send across your breakfast," she said. "No need, I'm coming back for breakfast," I said. "But, don't you have work?" She asked. "My appointments start at half eight," I said. "Don't you have anything else to do?" She asked. "No," I said and hung up before she asks more questions. I sat and smiled at my phone. As I rested it on the bed, it rung again. I knew she would call back because I hung up on her and answered the phone without even looking and starting off, "You can't stop me. I told you I am coming so I am coming." 

"Sidharth," Neha said worried over the call. "Neha? What's wrong?" I asked. "Megha fell down. She's in a lot of pain," she said. "Ok. I'm on my way right now," I said and hung up. I threw my phone on the bed and ran out of the house. I raced down the street as fast as possible and reached her house. I quickly ran inside and looked at Megha on the sofa, crying in pain as she held her foot. "Megha," I said going to her, "What happened?" "She climbed up on a stool and fell down," Neha said. "Ouch!" She cried out. "It's ok," I said, "I'll check." I took her foot and examined it. "Ahh!" She shouted. "Is it paining too much?" I asked worried. She nodded. "It's just a sprain. Do you have a first aid kit?" I asked. "No," Neha said. "Ok. Then, I'll have to carry you to my clinic," I said to Megha. "Neha, let's go. You have to open the door," I said. She nodded and turned Mrs. Singh saying, "Don't worry Mom, everything will be fine." I scooped Megha up in my arms and carried her to the clinic. Neha opened the door and we went in. I rested her on the bed and got my kit. I sprayed her foot with the medicine and wrapped it with a bandage. By now, she had stopped crying and I gave her some painkillers. "Don't worry. Your foot will be fine in a few days. Then you can throw away that stool," I said. She giggled. "Thank you Sidharth," Neha said. "It's ok. I am only fulfilling my duty," I said. "How much do I owe you?" She asked. "Don't worry. It's just a sprain. It's ok," I said. She smiled. "Come, I'll walk you back," I said. I helped her off the bed and with Neha, we carried her home slowly. As I was leaving, I spotted Viren uncle looking at us at the gate. I dropped Megha home and as I was leaving, Mrs. Singh came outside and insisted that I join them for breakfast. "It's ok aunty. I already planned breakfast with the old folks," I said. "You came running here for my daughter. You won't take money from us, atleast let us treat you with breakfast," she said. I looked at Megha and she said, "Please have breakfast with us. I will like it." I gave in. I was a bit worried though, since I told Sana I will be there for breakfast but I'm sure she will understand.