One Shot: At the Zoo

Introduction:
Severus and Y/N take their daughter Eileen to the zoo.

This is a request from zennywrites on Tumblr. Thank you for your request!

Y/O/N means your owl's name.

I hope you enjoy!

Published: 6/5/2022
———————————————

Author's note:
Surprise one shot thanks to zennywrites on Tumblr!🥳🐼
———————————————

Word count: 929

It's nine in the morning. The Snape family is eating pancakes in the dining room. The couple has a surprise for their five-year old daughter - they are going to the zoo today.

Eileen has begged her parents to take her there for a while. Now that Y/N is off from work, they decided that today would be a perfect day to go there.

Eileen is decorating her pancake with some syrup.

"Look, I made an owl!" she exclaims happily, looking proud of her artwork.

Y/O/N hoots, approving of the young girl's job. Severus looks at it, chuckling. Well, it definitely looks like a bird...

"Good job, princess. Do you think you can decorate my pancake as well?" Y/N asks her daughter.

The girl almost jumps in her seat from happiness. "Of course, Mommy!" she tells her as she starts working on her art, her tongue out as she concentrates.

Once she's done, she hands it back to her mother. It's a heart.

"Aw, thank you" Y/N says as she chuckles, kissing her daughter's forehead.

Severus clears his throat. "We should probably finish our pancakes soon. We don't want to be late..." he states.

At that, Eileen looks confused. "Late for what, Daddy?" she questions.

He smiles. "For the zoo. Now that Mommy is off from work, we thought it would be a perfect opportunity to go there" he tells her.

Eileen squeals. "Yay! We are going to the zoo!" she exclaims, sounding so excited. She can't wait to see all the animals!
______________________________

An hour later, they arrive at the zoo. They decided to go to a Muggle one. That way, they can have fun without any interruptions from anyone they know.

Y/N grabs a map of the area while Severus buys them ice cream.

"Okay, what should we see first?" she questions once he has returned.

He barely gets to hand Eileen hers before she jumps up and down. "Ohh, can we go and see the pandas? Please?" she begs.

"How about we see the penguins instead? All pandas do is sleep and eat bamboo..." Severus points out. He really doesn't want to witness such lazy animals...

As Eileen looks at him with her puppy eyes, he can't help but let his gaze soften. However, when Y/N does the same, he playfully rolls his eyes.

"Fine... Let's go and see the pandas" he mutters.

Cheering in victory, the mother and daughter drag Severus with them to the panda habitat. It's just as he predicted - the male panda is sleeping while the female is eating bamboo.

"I can't see them" Eileen pouts as she's too short to look over the bars.

Severus gently lifts her up so she can see the animals. She coos. "Look how cute they are!" she says in awe.

"Yes, they are very cute" Severus agrees.

The girl looks at the pandas before looking at her father. "Daddy?" she asks.

"Yes?" he replies, wondering what she wants to know.

"The pandas are just like you" she states.

He raises an eyebrow at that - what in Merlin's name is she talking about?

"They look just as cuddly as you" she explains as she giggles.

Y/N can't help but laugh. "Oh, I agree. They do really look just as cuddly as you" she teases her husband.

Severus rolls his eyes. He however can't help but smile at his daughter.

"Perhaps, but not as cuddly as you," he says as he hugs her, kissing her forehead. Eileen squeals before hugging her father back.

"And you" he says before kissing his wife's cheek.

Y/N looks at him in awe, intertwining their fingers. "Aren't you sweet, Cuddly Bear?" she says in a playful tone.

Eileen giggles at the nickname. "Can we go to the shop, Cuddly Bear?" she asks, repeating the nickname.

Her parents snort. "Of course... Meanwhile, Mommy can watch the pandas for us" Severus states as he takes their daughter to the shop.

A moment later, they exit the shop. The father and daughter are wearing matching panda caps.

Y/N bursts out laughing. They look so adorable. Severus is wearing sunglasses as well. That was probably his condition in order to wear that cap.

"Aww, look at you two. You are matching. Did you get me anything?" Y/N jokes.

Severus smirks. "In fact, we did" he states as he hands her a t-shirt. It says "I'm just as cuddly as this panda" with a picture of a panda.

Y/N snorts. "Please tell me you got a matching one" she says, really hoping that he did.

Eileen giggles as Severus shows her a matching t-shirt.

Y/N coos. "Perfect. How about you, Eileen? Do you and I have something that matches?" she asks her daughter.

Eileen nods, handing her mother a small shoulder bag. It looks like a panda.

"Aw, it's so cute. Thank you" Y/N says as she puts the strap of the bag over her head.

"It's a perfect size for my wallet" she states as she inspects it.

Severus chuckles at his wife. "Well, can we see the penguins now?" he questions.

Y/N raises an eyebrow in amusement. "What's up with you and penguins?" she questions.

He huffs. "I just like them... Besides, there's a food shop near it" he explains.

Y/N and Eileen giggles at him as the three of them start walking towards the penguins. As they do so, the parents hold their young daughter's hands.

The day at the zoo was really fun for all three of them.
———————————————

Author's note:
The next one shot "Severus Snape's Memories" will be published this Monday (6/6/2022)!