Chapter- 20 tired

Author's POV

It's Saturday again. Megha and Karthik are going to Roy mansion around 11 am as Megha wants to spend some quality time with their family.

She doesn't know why, but Karthik never really talks with his family other than his sister and sometimes he talks with his brother-in-law aka Anjali's husband on the call.

He talks with his father, only when he needs something or it related to business and to his mother only when she asks something, that too he mostly answers with a nod or one-word answer. Other than Anjali and her husband, the only person he has the best relationship with is his best friend, Arjun.

She really doesn't understand him. Yashodha and Anirudh are such nice people. Uncle Roy treats her like his own daughter and maa, she is sweet heart just like her mom.

All her thoughts halted when they reached Roy mansion.

"Smile a little, Karthik. Why so gloomy?" Megha said playfully and earned a glare from Karthik as he didn't want to come this early but Megha forced him to come. She smiled sheepishly and started walking in.

Yashodha engulfed her in a hug as soon as she entered. Megha hugged her back and asked for her wellbeing.

"How are you, Sid?" His mother asked, and he uttered a faint fine and walked upstairs to his room.

"How is our fierce CEO?" Anjali asked playfully, walking towards her.

Megha smiled and hugged her as she mumbled, "I missed you."

"I missed you too, girl," Anjali replied.

"Let me tell you, girl, you were calm and bold in the last interview... I fell for you," Anjali said playfully.

"You watched?" Megha raised her eyebrows curiously.

"Yeah..." Anjali replied with a smile.

"Oh... the CEO who deceived us is here," Rekha said mockingly.

"She didn't deceive anyone. It is you who didn't ask what she does," Anjali remarked sternly.

"So, if we ask her, then she would have told us the truth before?" Dhamini scoffed.

"Yes, of course, because she told me when I asked her when she was still in Roy mansion," Anjali said nonchalantly.

"So, you know this before?" Rekha asked in surprise.

"Of course," Anjali chuckled.

"If you have everything, then why did you marry my — our Sid?" Asked Rekha.

"Do I have to report to you about my personal stuff?" Megha retorted.

"Will see how many days -- " Rekha stopped midway, sensing Karthik's presence. He is standing upstairs listening to their conversation, staring at Megha.

Rekha and her mother walked away from there, as they didn't want to make a fuss in front of Karthik.

When Megha was about to climb up stairs Anjali stopped her.

"I also wanted to ask the same. Why did you marry my brother?" Anjali asked her, and Megha just stared at her, not answering.

"It's ok if you don't want to tell because I believe in you," she continued, and Megha just smiled at her and went upstairs to their room.

Soon after she entered the room, Karthik also asked the same question.
"Why did you marry me, Megha? I mean, we don't even know each other and why did you accept this arranged marriage? Why did you choose me who didn't even want to marry you?"