Chapter- 23 Hate her ?

Author's POV

When Megha woke up, it's already dawn.

"I don't remember coming to the bedroom, then when and how I came here," she mumbled to herself.

"You don't remember because you fell asleep watching the movie, and I carried you here," Karthik said in his morning raspy voice. She smiled sheepishly, looking at him, and got off from the bed.

After the morning routine, they took a shower not together and got ready for the day. It's Sunday, so they have to go back after dinner tonight.

"Karthik," she called, looking at him through the mirror as she was combing her hair, sitting on the stool.

"Hmm," he hummed in response.

"How about we stay here until mom's... I mean---"

"Ok," he replied even before she completed her sentence.

"What?" she asked, puzzled as he walked to the mirror.

"I said ok. Ok for staying here until next week," he replied and pinched her nose.

"Really?" she asked excitedly.

"Yes, my babygirl," he replied with a small smile.

After breakfast, they both announced about staying here until next week. His father and mother's happiness doesn't have barriers, his whole family felt happy.

Anjali and Megha started chatting in Anjali's room while Shyam and Karthik were discussing business in his study.

Someone knocked on the door when Megha and Anjali were lost in their conversation. Anjali asked that person to come in and they both looked at the door when Yashodha walked in, holding what looking like a dress.

"Anjali, I bought this dress for you," her mother said, entering the room without noticing Megha.

"Megha, you are also here," she muttered.

"Yeah, maa," Megha replied with a smile.

The three started talking about clothes and all. Yashodha also talked with them like they all are friends from years. Anjali has a good relationship with Yashodha even though she is their stepmom.

After sometime, Megha stood up to go but Yashodha stopped her.

"Megha, I wanted to talk to you since yesterday. Can you give me five minutes?" she asked.

"What maa? Why are you asking like that? You can talk to me anytime," Megha replied and sat on the bed beside her.

"Actually, Megha, I wanted to thank you. Thank you for bringing our Sid back from his shell," she said.

"Maa, you don't have to thank me," Megha tried to say.

"Wait, Megha, let me complete. I have not completed it yet," Yashodha said in a shaky voice.
"You know, Megha, when Karthik was still little, he used to talk to me a lot. We used to play all the time and you know we were crime partners back then, but all changed with his mom's death."

"He never talked to me like he used to. He never talked to his father, I think, for marrying me. He even shut himself in a room. He only talks with his sister that too coldly other than his best friends Arjun and Shyam."

"No doubt he respects his father. He will listen to him whatever he orders, even marrying you. He didn't like to marry, but when his father told him to marry you, he agreed. We know that you will be the best partner for him and you proved it again."

"Thank you so much, Megha... today those father and son reunited because of you. I know he hates me, but at least I am happy for his father," Yashodha said gratefully with teary eyes.