Chapter ten

"Don't hu-hurt me" I sob out as my heart beats loudly in my head.

———

Ace's POV.

Al is lying on the floor, curled up into a ball.

She looks so fucking scared.

She's shaking and sobbing.

I snap out of my shocked state and immediately lower myself to the ground next to her.

I grab her hands very gently to stop her from hurting herself, "Al, baby let me see your pretty eyes" I say gently while caressing her hands.

She just continues sobbing but eventually after a few seconds she slowly lifts her head up, "there you go, Carlo's not here baby, it's just you and me and our other brothers. You're safe here with us. Take a deep breath for me please" I slowly instruct her.

With a little bit of difficulty she takes a deep breath before releasing it again, "good job baby, I'm so proud of you. Can we do that again, yeah" again I take a deep breath with her and slowly her sobs start to lessen.

"Come here" I say lovingly while reaching out to her.

She watches my every move but soon she wraps her own arms around me as I place myself on the ground with her sitting on my lap.

I gently rub her back up and down while muttering sweet nothings in her ear.

Al's breathing has now fully calmed down and a few sobs rack her body harshly a couple of times.

"You're safe here, we're not going to hurt you Al. I promise that on my life." I say softly while pressing a small kiss to her head.

She's so small and cute.

My little sister.

I'm not going to lie when I say that I was planning on taking my distance with her.

I didn't want to get hurt if she gets taken away from us again but Noah talked me out of doing that.

He said that I would only hurt everyone around us including myself by doing that. He told me that there is nothing more special than finally having our sister back and living with us.

He told me not to screw things up.

He told me that if I did what I was planning on doing, I'd only break Al's heart and that's the last thing I want to do.

I play with Al's hair as she lays against me, now fully calmed down.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask her in a soft tone.

She shakes her head no, "that's okay, you don't have to but just know that if you do want to talk about it that I'll always be here, okay" I say softly.

She nods her head with a small smile on her face.

"Do you want to go back to sleep?" I ask her.

She shakes her head.

I look at the clock, it's 5 am.