Chapter 50 - she's in florence

"A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you. —— Elbert Hubbard"

 —— Elbert Hubbard"

⚜️Flashback⚜️

"Are you sure about this Diana?" I asked after I wiped her tears away.

"Yes, Martin. I would never forgive myself if something happen to Papa and Mama." Diana sobs painfully while her head was leaning on my shoulder. It breaks my heart knowing that she will leave me as she's the only one who accepted me, even I'm a hitman.

The first time we'd met—- I was 18 and she's just 13. It was dark night and I was not lucky. I got stabbed on my stomach and I thought that would be my last day, but Diana found me on that dark alley and brought me to her house and treat my wounds. She saved me and owe her my life. And eversince then, we've became best of friends.

I don't know what's the reason as I'm a killer and she's so innocent. But it doesn't matter for me as I feel like I'm human being whenever we're talking everytime she's sneaking out from her home. I never knew that she's adopted and she's grateful that her adopted parents were good people and love her like their own. Although sometimes, even you've tried your best, you'll never please everyone, as there is always that will hate you even you're not doing harm on them. In Diana's case, it's her step-sister——- Violeta.

One night, she came into my house with bruised stomach because Violeta and her friends kicked her—- hurt her until they were satisfied. To say I was enraged was understatement but since then, I made a decision to help her and that was to get close to her step-sister.

And I didn't fail to achieve that because I know how to make a woman like Violeta, to fall for me. And after just a week, I became her lover and I used that opportunity to know her plan—- to know whatever her plan against Diana.

"Where you will go? You just turned 18 for f*ck sake." I seethed because I don't want her to go but I knew deep inside that she had no choice but to leave. Violeta does whatever she wants, what ever she likes and it doesn't matter who it is for as long as it's for her greediness.

"I have money, I'd be okay. I know how to take care of myself and I don't care even I suffered as long as my Papa and Mama are safe. Please don't let them know, you're the only one that I could trust about this." She said hurtfully and I just nod my head because I can't do anything but help her to get away———away from her evil step-sister.

"Tomorrow night. I'll make sure that she's not in the mansion. That time you can sneak out. Please be careful and don't ever—- try to cut our communication. Understood." I told her.

"Yes, I promise."

⚜️End of flashback⚜️

"And that was the last day that we'd seen each other. Everyone was devastated, except Violeta. She kept her promise to call me and I was so happy because she's safe until Violeta asked me to find her and end her life so that she's the only heiress of Mr. Carlos Rossi. I tricked Violeta by informing her that I can't find her whereabout. Until one day, she gave me an ultimatum that if I couldn't do the job, she will hire another hitman. And I can't allow it, so I contacted Diana and told her about Violeta's plan. That time, we thought you were dead Zeus and she had no one to rely on but me, that's why I made a plan to help her and save her. A plan that needs a mutual trust, between me and Diana." I paused for a while and look at the four pair of eyes that stared at me as if I've grown two heads.