Chapter 25

His pov

Micajah Stone

I lay her down on my bed, my chest wet with her tears and the bubbly water. She is still silently crying. She sits up on the bed and folds her legs under her hips. I throw a towel from my bathroom at her, she wraps it around her. The alcohol effect won't last long, I know. Maybe 20 more minutes. We are werewolves, the effect duration is not as same as with humans.

I open my closet and remove two black graphic printed shirts and some shorts. My shorts are like trousers for her.

I keep a set of clothing at the foot of the bed and mindlink Sam to drop some icecream off for us. My mate wants icecream, she will get it. Some sweet will do me good as well.

I exit the room, closing the door behind me and change my clothes in the loft. Knowing she needs the privacy just like I do.

After changing my clothes, I get downstairs to my kitchen and carry as many iced cold water bottles as I can. She will need them soon. Her temperature was up. Her forehead felt like a furnace.

I see her standing awkwardly near the bed. The clothes are not looking that bad on her, but I should get her some new women's wear, the ones which offer more support to her bo*bs. Lack of a bra, makes them bouncy and God oh God, my eyes follow them.

I place the bottles on a table and hand her one. She gulps the entire bottle and sits on the bed playing with the comforter. After a minute or so she lays her head on my pillow, her long locks spraying on the other pillow as well.

I do the same. I am such a pus*y, so I now follow her actions too. We both stare at each other. It seems like all the boundaries, walls, boulders, pebbles between us are shattered, it's just us, our true selfs.

"My head is hurting, I am sleepy too." She manages to say.

"Good night Penelope. Rest. I will be here when you wake up." I tell her as I kiss her forehead and tuck her in.

I lay on my side of the bed, next to her. The alcohol buzz is wearing her down. This was a stressful day, eventhough it's barely afternoon.

She sleeps for hours maybe, her body temperature just the same. I hug her tight to my chest. I don't know how she ended up in my arms. She wiggles and moves around a lot. Maybe the heat is making her restless.

After about 2 hours or so, my sleeping beauty opens her eyes and sees me upclose. She rubs her eyes and moves away towards her side of the bed.

My wolf almost growls, he loved to see her nestled in our arms, our physical touch somewhat soothing her heat.

I get up too.

"Good morning, you hungry?" I ask her.

"Umm, yes very." She answers.

"Aunty Flory has made us some food. Let's go downstairs."I tell her.

"You go ahead I will be down in a second." She tells me.

"Okay." I say and head down.

I heat the food in the microwave and place plates for both of us on the table.

She strolls down the stairs and sits across me before getting herself a bottle of cold water.

I place the hot food before her. I like feeding her. I think she likes it too. Maybe she is used to eating alone. Did she have meals with Xavier. This thought comes to my mind and my fingers tighten around the plastic cup in my hand.

Her voice brings me out of my trance.

"What" I say, my voice loud and raspy.

I see the liquid flowing and mutter a quick sorry.