Fifty-Seven

Chapter's Soundtrack: Dead Of Night (VIP) -Remix by if found.

[|]

I sat in silence and confusion when Jared pulled into an open field with a crowd not too much and cars parked all around. As he drove close, I noticed the type of cars they were. They looked like race cars with customized parts. Some had LED lights while some had the most ugliest paint jobs.

"What is this place?" I asked when Jared parked his car.

"You'll find out soon."

Jared got out of the car and I hesitantly followed suit. I shuddered at the cool breeze blowing and looked around, eyeing the scantily dressed girls walking around or leaning against some of the cars. I saw Jared walking away from the car and I ran to him and stopped beside him, matching his pace.

"Jared, where is Lucas? What are we doing here?" I asked and ignored the looks people were giving us as we walked into their gathering.

The roaring and humming sounds of car engines filled the air, the exhaust smoke of cars too. I came closer to Jared when a group of buff men in leather outfit leered at me, some whistling and eyeing me like a slab of meat. Worst of all, I was in a thigh length summer dress which helped getting their attention.

"Jared?" I called him again. Instead of replying, he grabbed my hand and dragged me to another corner with a red sport car surrounded by some people.

"Where's Lucas?" Jared asked the moment he stopped in front of the group.

A girl with bright red hair and in a short leather dress turned around and smiled at Jared.

"Jar bear. It's been a long time," she said and hugged him. She made eye contact with me over his shoulder and immediately glared at me.

Chill, girl. I was not with him if you're his girl.

"Who is this?" She asked as she pulled away.

"A friend. Now, where is Lucas?"

"In the back... Oh, here he comes," she said and pointed behind us.

I felt tempted to look over my shoulder but kept my eyes on the beautiful car in front of me and behind the girl. I tensed when Lucas stopped beside me and luckily he did not see my face since my hair shielded the side of my face.

"What are you doing here, Jared?" He asked and walked into my line of vision.

I looked up and his eyes became wide when he finally saw me. He quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me closer.