Chap. 21

Cole's POV.

"Cole!" Screamed Dalton as he, the rest of the guys, and Sarah stormed into the ER waiting room.

"Are you okay? We came in as soon as you called us!" Exclaimed Will.

I had been crying and my face was buried in my hands, I didn't want them to see me like this.

"It's all my fault." I mumbled.

"What'd he say?" I heard Gabe whisper.

"I said this is all my fault!" I screamed, suddenly standing up. A waterfall of tears flowing down my cheeks.

"I-It's not your fault." Stammered Will.

"It is! She could die!" I screamed, making everyone in the ER turn to face us, "And it's all because of me. She was right, I drank too much."

"We all drank too much." Said Dana, "It's not just you."

"It should've been me. I'm the one who did all the drinking. Tell me, why am I save and sound, without a single scratch? Tell me why she is in there having fucking surgery!"

"Sir," said one of the nurses, "You need to calm down, you're disturbing our guests."

Guests?

She made it sound like it's a fucking resort.

I shook my head.

"Just save her." I mumbled to the nurse and stormed out.

~

"You're here! We've been looking everywhere for you!" Said Sarah as she joined me in the hospital roof.

"You never found me." I muttered.

"I did find you, Cole." She said.

I sighed, "I'm so fucking stupid."

"That you are," She continued as she leaned on the edge, standing next to me, "But Marley knows you love her."

"Does she? I've never said it to her. You want to know what was the last thing I told her? That she's fucking frustrating." I shook my head, trying to keep myself from losing it, "And the last thing she told me is that I should just break up with her, that she'd be one less problem."

"She loves you, Cole. All couples fight."

"Yeah, but she could die because of this fight."

"You have such little faith. Marley's a warrior, Cole. She doesn't go down without a fight."

"I know." I whispered, "I just want to see her."

"We all do," She answered, "but she's in surgery."

"I need to hold her, at least one more time."

"You will."

~

Dana came in with Starbucks for everyone. We've officially been waiting for three hours. I was losing it.

Suddenly, the doctor appeared.

"Friends and family of Samuel Jones?"

I sighed. We came in before them and they already had more news than me.

I grabbed my vanilla bean frap and tried to relax. Will and Sarah were asleep, leaning on each other. Dalton, Gabe, and Dana were playing cards.

Suddenly, another doctor appeared.

"Friends and family of Marley Ryan?"

I stood up faster than I ever had before, I ran to him.

"Is she okay?" I demanded.