16: Pretty good for a dead bitch

Three weeks had passed since then and Alex was home for good, desperately trying to forget everything that happened.

She does a little spin in the mirror in her bathroom, was her outfit good enough. She was wearing dark brown pants, proper dress pants as well, she looked pretty smart. It was paired with a baggy white shirt, which she tucked in and rolled up to the elbows. She paired it with white sneakers and a gold necklace.

would max like it?

"Alex, are you ready? We need to head out to pick up Dustin!" Steve calls from downstairs. She shakes her head to push away the thoughts and smiles as she walks down the stairs, just to be greeted by her whole family.

Her mom is standing by the door with a camera in hand, taking pictures as she walked down the steps. Alex smiled sheepishly, stopping at the bottom of the stairs and smiling at the device.

"You look beautiful honey," Her mom said, looking at the clothes she brought, "Although, you didn't do your hair right," Alex sighed, her mother could never just leave it at a complement. She fidgeted as her mom adjusted the clips in her hair and replaced the headband. "And it would be much more ladylike if you wore a dress,"

"I for one think she looks fine," Atlas says, smiling at his sister from the doorway, "Must be that charm she picked up from me right?" he joked, making the girl laugh, only for the back of her hand to be slapped by her mother, for not sitting still.

"You look great, loser," Steve grins, ruffling her hair a little, making Alex swear and their parents tell him off. Alex just runs her hands through it a few times to fix it.

The pair walk out to Steve's car, needing to pick up Dustin and not wanting anymore comments from their parents.

Alex took the passenger seat while Steve drives off to Dustin's in a rush. She turns the volume up so that The police were playing loudly in the car, Steve didn't protest, actually enjoying the song playing.

They pull up and wait for Dustin to come out and when he does Alex gasps.

"You didn't!" She breathes as Dustin sits in the back.

"I did!" Dustin grins back.

"He looks great right?" Steve agrees, also grinning.

The ride was mostly silent, Dustin sat in the back fixing his hair, Steve now humming along to Queen who were now blasting from the radio. Alex was lost in thought, she wanted to ask Max to dance but it's not like they could do that in front of everyone is it. Both girls had come to terms with the fact the like each other, they made that obvious in the hospital.

"All right," Steve pulls up in front of the gym entrance. "Here we are guys," Alex begins to get nervous, what if Max had changed her mind and thought Alex was a Fa.. No! she couldn't think like that. "So remember when you get in there.."

"Pretend like you don't care," Dustin finished, Alex rolled her eyes at Steve's advice, knowing it wouldn't work. She is a girl after all.

"You don't care."

"I don't care."

"There you go. You're learning, my friend, you're learning." Alex shakes her head in disbelief that Dustin had faith in Steve's advice. "You look great, C'mon Alex tell him he looks great."