Eleven

Blaise Beck-Day

Blaise Beck-Day

"You're throwing in the towel mate? Can't you just–put your dick in a towel and just have at it?" He started to thrust his hips in the most immature motion.  Letting out a laugh at my eye roll, he stopped the motion before grabbing a towel from the rack and throwing it at me.

I was regretting every choice I had made at that moment to go to McGuthrie for advice. Within forty-eight hours I was able to receive confirmation that I was accepted and able to attend Penn State University.

In the letter, they concluded that they did not have any student houses available, but they did have various apartments on or around campus that would fit my student needs. Look, I didn't even want to be a student. I wanted to be a soccer player. A soccer player whose best friend wasn't emailing them messages like the one I had read a few days ago.

"I don't understand what is bugging you so much that you want to take a leave from the team–" He paused, raising his eyebrows and cocking his head to the side. "Or shall I say, who is bugging you?"

I ran my hands through my hair.

If I didn't tell people about her it was so much easier to not think about her. I had always been territorial over the girl who made my heart whole and the girl who had made me want to stay at the elementary school when she shared her caterpillars with me.

"She's–"

He slapped his hands over his mouth, "She's not Mannon! Oh, my word!" He yelled, pacing around the locker room before bending down. "She's not prim and proper– powdered face, and lotioned body– Mannon!"

Exactly.

She wasn't Mannon and if her letters weren't from the emotions of longing to loathing– something was wrong. I needed to go check on her. 

    I loved soccer but not in the way that I–

"Who is she?"

She was mine as much as I was hers.

"My best friend."

He shook his head. "Nah, I'm your best friend. She's your dirty little secret." His tone was more accusing than anything. I glared at him as I sprayed on deodorant and threw a shirt on over my head.