🍭 𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣 🍭

Jailen

Waking up in my own apartment didn't feel as good as I thought it would.

My chest still felt heavy as I rolled over onto my back and stared at the ceiling. I rubbed over my face and sighed, frowning when the roughness of the ace bandage scratched my cheek. My phone dinged on my nightstand but I ignored it, already knowing it was Harry.

He'd been texting me all night. I didn't know what the messages said because I didn't want to read them. I didn't want to talk to him right now. Or any time soon actually. I don't know what his problem was, nor did I care. Or at least that's what I convinced myself. Mainly because I didn't have the energy to figure it out and every time I did try to figure it out, the weight in my chest only got heavier. Were my feelings hurt? No, of course not. Why would my feelings be hurt over a man I'd known all of, what, four days? I'm fine.

"Perfectly fine," I mumbled to myself as I pulled the blankets off of me and got up from the bed.

I made my way to the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle from the refrigerator, shaking my head when I realized I still hadn't gone grocery shopping. That's how all of this shit started. All because I needed fucking groceries. Groceries I still hadn't purchased.

Wait a minute...

I sat my water bottle down on the counter and raced out of the kitchen. I grabbed my phone off of the nightstand and unlocked it, swiping away all of the notifications with Harry's name, and opening my banking app. I shifted nervously on my feet as my phone buffered and my knees nearly went weak at the five digits that showed on my screen.

$15,000 transferred from Harry Styles 2d ago

I dropped my hands to my sides and breathed out a chuckle. I was in disbelief, I'd forgotten all about the point of this arrangement. Never in my life had I seen this much money. Not in my own account. It made me nervous. It made me excited.

I moved quickly. I got dressed and was out the door in record time. The weather was nice today and even though I now had the funds to call an Uber, I decided to walk. The grocery store wasn't that far from where I lived, at least not far enough to be considered out of range.

It didn't take me long to enter the blocks where the strip of shops was. Of course, it was crowded here, I should've expected that. I paused in front of one of the stores, the mannequins in the window catching my attention. I hummed. I suppose a little shopping wouldn't hurt, right? My phone dinged in my purse again and I rolled my eyes as I blindly reached into my purse and put it on silent before making my way into the store.

The worker greeted me and I smiled in return. I could feel myself becoming anxious. I hated shopping. After a while, I became claustrophobic and sweaty and irritable. Especially when nothing looked right on my body but I was determined today. I was leaving out of here with something, even if it was small.

I wandered around the shop for a moment, just taking in everything and I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't look at any prices.

I started off with a few shirts, oversized, cropped, and a couple of tanks. Then I passed a rack of jewelry and I settled on a few sets of rings. I saw a necklace with the letter H on it and my throat tightened for a brief second, and as if on cue, my phone vibrated again. Still, I ignored it and continued about. I grabbed a pair of jeans and two pairs of leggings before I stopped and looked at the items piling in my hands. This was enough. I had to carry this stuff back home.

I made my way to the register and sat the items on the counter.

"Find everything you needed today?" The cashier asked, scanning the items and tossing the hangers behind her.