1: Jukebox hero

Summers in Hawkins were Alex Summers' favourite time of the year.

She can spend all day out outside of her house, play baseball as often as she wants and hang out with the party without judgement from her friends.

She normally meets Mike, Will, Lucas and Max at the newly built Starcourt mall a few minutes up from her house. Steve manged to secure a job, something about finally taking responsibility for himself. But it's cool because he always gives them discounted ice creams and shortcuts around the mall.

He also works with a senior girl, Robin Buckley, who Alex thinks is like the coolest person she has ever met.

Her and Max had officially started dating in February that year, wanting to take it slow after the dance and then fully committing in the 'month of love' as Steve had dubbed it. 

The rest of the group kind of just found out over the following months, none of them had a problem with it and assumed it would happen following the constant holding hands in the tunnels anyway. Alex had told Isaac and Luke as soon as it happened, the two boys being her go to for advice and gossip.

~~

The two girls were sat in Alex's room, only the three siblings were in the house anyway and both of Alex's brothers knew, and accepted it much to Alex's surprise, she was sure Atlas would tell their parents and get her kicked out.

"I didn't expect your room to be like this," Max states as she flipped through Alex's third draw of records.

"What did you expect it to be like?" She askes with a small laugh.

"I don't know, full of trophies and... sports posters, perfectly tidy and all that," Max trails off.

Alex's room was the complete opposite, her walls painted a dark red, none of her trophies were in the room. Sure she had posters but they were of; Star wars, KISS, Elvis and well she did have one of the Chicago white Sox.

And her room was messy, piles of clothes and vinyl's everywhere. The thing that shocked Max the most though was the guitars, all placed neatly and displayed opposite Alex's bed. She didn't know the girl could play one, let alone had a collection of the things. It seemed to be the only thing she kept tidy and completely clean in her room.

"Can you play them?" Max asked, pointing to the instruments behind Alex. The girl followed where Max's finger was pointing and nodded enthusiastically,

"Can i play them?! Please, I'm basically a professional," She said, mocking hurt at Max's comment. She never really had anyone in her room so she couldn't brag about her collection, or her talent. 

She carefully picked one of the wall, it was probably her favourite of the lot. It was a red and black fender guitar that looked the exact same as the one Elvis used, it was a Christmas present from that year. She quickly swapped out the Vinyl that was playing and swapped it out for one with a better speed, Max recognised the song, everybody wants to rule the world by tears for fears, Max nodded at the song choice.

She watched in amazement as Alex caught up to the song and played along with it. Max found it kind of cute how her eyebrows furrowed and her tongue poked out a bit when she concentrated.

Alex finished with the song, smiling proudly at the amazed look on Max's face. She hung the guitar back up and shuffled next to max,