Mind Reader

The rest of the summer came and went. Nothing changed with my dad. He once again was too busy for me,his only daughter. 

Cedric came over a lot to keep me company. It felt weird at first. Us being boyfriend and girlfriend. It wasn't much different from us being friends now that I think about it. We used to hold hands a lot before we started dating. Same with hugging and hanging out. Not much was different. Except....

WE HAD OUR FIRST KISS. 

We were sitting in my backyard under our big oak tree. We were just watching the clouds and talking. The conversation started to slow down and he turned to face me. I could feel my face heat up as I looked back at him. The next thing I knew his lips were on mine. I was shocked at first, but moved into it when it faded off. When we pulled apart he was cheesing as big as ever. A smile ear to ear. His lips were a tad puffed up. I just smiled back up at him as I watched him read my face. 

 I thought back to when he asked me out how I was hesitant. Or how I was nervous to be in this relationship and how I had doubted it. But that all went out the window when I saw him staring at me with such admiration.The ways his eyes ran over my face while his eyes flashed. There was something in his eyes I wasn't familiar with. 

It didn't matter to me though. Right then and there it felt completely right. Me being with Cedric made sense. WE made sense. And that was all I needed. 

Soon it was time to go back to school. My dad had to leave a week early again this year to get his class ready. So Cedric offered me a ride which I gladly accepted. The entire ride to the train station we sat in the back of his dad's car giggling like little kids and cracking jokes. 

When we made it to platforms I thanked Cedric's dad for the ride and lugged my trunks and bags onto a trolley and made my way to our platform with Cedric. We ran through the passage way and loaded our trunks onto the back of the train and headed inside. 

"I've got to sit with the perfects Y/n but I can walk you to your friends if you'd like."Cedric said intertwining our fingers. 

I looked down at our fingers and smiled."Yeah, I'd like that."

As we made our way to where my housemates were sitting I started to feel weird. My head was getting clouded. I heard somebody say something behind me but when I looked back nobody was there. I tried my best to push it down as we neared my friends compartment. 

"Here we are."Cedric said stopping in front of the door.

"Yep. Thank you for walking me Cedric."

"No problem." I turned to open the door but Cedric turned me back around and pecked my lips. It happened so fast I didn't have a chance to react. 

"Bye Y/n."He said and walked off. 

I stood there a second and processed it. He just kissed me on a train full of people. IN FRONT of my FRIENDS. I felt my face heat up as I slid the door open. 

I looked in to see my friends face's riddled with shock. 

"It's rude to stare."I said sitting down on the end of the seat. 

"You've got to be fucking kidding me" I heard Draco say before anyone else.

"What?"I asked looking at him."

"I didn't say anything."

"You did. You said you've got to be fucking kidding me."

"Y/n he didn't say anything."Blaise said looking confused. 

"I swore he did. I heard it clear as day. It was definitely him."I argued. 

"I didn't say anything Snape."Draco spat at me."So, you and Diggory. When did that happen?"He asked venom circling through his voice.