Prologue

Prologue

Adonis' POV

"Where is she?" My father, Kristov Stavrakos, came up beside me near the wedding arch, "it's almost an hour and she's still not here. Do you think she's coming?"

"She'll come. She has to be," I had been controlling my temper for the past thirty or forty minutes. One thing I really hated most was being kept waiting.

"I don't think so, son. Look, the people are getting impatient," he looked at the family, relatives, friends and colleagues of the Starvrakos and Pallis families, gathered for the wedding, "call her. Something must have happened."

How can I explain to him that I can't because I don't have her number. After what happened on our first meeting, we never bothered to exchange numbers.

"She'll be here. The wedding coordinator could have called her already. If she's not planning to come, then everyone would have been advised to leave."

"Well, you're right," Dad smiled faintly and went back to his seat.

My eyes riveted at the huge twin doors of the Stavrakos Hotel's grand ballroom, where the bride would come in. I had been staring at it for quite too long already, my eyes started to get sore.

Damn. She's doing this on purpose. Making me wait, and being humiliated in front of everyone.

"She's really testing my patience," I muttered softly, then shifted my attention to the loud voices of people talking.

My eyes diverted to Constantine Pallis, who was enjoying talking to people, taking advantage of the lateness of his granddaughter to catch up with his relatives and friends. He seemed to be forgetting about the wedding.

"Hey," one of my groomsmen, Eros Petrakis, tapped my back, "you're having roots from standing here too long. I told you, getting married is a bad idea. We're still young, let's enjoy our bachelor's life! Trust me, do it in your forties."

"Not again. I told you my reason, man. I already made my decision, so cut it off."

"Come on, stop embarrassing yourself. She's not coming. Where's your pride? Let's go to the reception and start drinking those vintage wines. I'm thirsty, my throat is parched already."

I huffed, shaking my head, "I'm pretty sure she'll come."

"Let's hope for that," he pointed at the older officiating minister, already sleeping on his chair, then laughed, mouthed the words 'bad luck' and left.

For the nth time, I checked the time on my wrist again. It had been an hour past the schedule of the wedding ceremony, the whole entourage walked down the aisle and took their places at the front thirty minutes ago. The only missing was the bride.

I choked back anger, realizing that I just made a fool of myself here. Eros was right, we should start drinking those vintage wines. I was about to leave when the music started, playing the bridal entrance song.

All heads turned to the huge twin doors, looking very excited to see the bride enter and walk down the aisle.

The doors opened so wide, revealing the bride.

Everyone was shocked!

The bride entered and walked down the aisle wearing an all BLACK wedding gown.