91

Lillian's pov

I was prepared for a jam packed and overly crowded flight since this was last minute but-

"Hope you're comfy," kent fixed me a cup of coffee- it's no where near how I like it. I've found myself liking the way Stefani would fix hers.

"Unbelievable," Stefani scoffed and walked past him almost shoving him out the way.

"At least try to be in the holiday spirit," he sighed.

"I am, see? Cocoa," Stefani carelessly points over to a mini bar with one of the flight attendants waving in our directions with a smile as she prepares a cup of cocoa.

"If you can be a dear and spike it for me, I'll tip your extra under the counter," she snapped her finger and the staff member eagerly nodded.

"You own a jet?" I looked at kent.

He smiles brightly but his charm no longer affects me relieved to say.

Stefani obnoxiously scoffs from afar as she slips out of her tan sweater vest and re-rolls the sleeves of her white collared shirt.

"May I take that off your hands Ms. Edwards?" One of the flight attendants volunteered assistance and she folds it up neatly before handing it to her.

"Thank you," she calmly spoke.

"Thank you," the flight attendant reassures.

Stefani unbuttons the first few top buttons of her shirt and her brooch chain dangles loosely. It's amazing how she effortlessly readjusts the clamp to hold her curly hair up...

"Wealth does run in the family here- excuse me, one scotch on the rocks?" He raises his hand regaining my attention.

The head of flight attendants approached him, "you rented the plane-

"Jet," Stefani sings sarcastically sings.

She's oddly in a good mood despite the last minute arrangements..

"Apologies-

"No need, go back to that lovely statement of yours," Stefani had a smirk on her face.

"R-ight. Sir, you rented the jet, not the staff," she turned on her heel and strutted off leaving him speechless.

It's clear who has power here. This isn't Kent's ground- hell, we're not even on the ground, we're in the air. This is Stefani's territory; her property her rules...

Stefani was fighting a snicker down by the minibar and it only made Kent's shot down pride turn into a hateful glare.

"Stefani, you-

"Did exactly what you requested; you wanted to use my jet for the unexpected travels, and I provided so at a very decent price since I had to cancel all my initial plans this winter," Stefani broke out into a haughty laugh.

"That's petty don't you think," kent grunted.

"Dragging me along to do something you should have done months ago isn't?" Stefani sits her cup of cocoa down.

"Aht buh buh," she quickly raises a finger and shakes it side to side as she walks towards kent.

"Just, how would her family feel? You ever think about that? How would her family feel knowing that they're about to meet the man that swept their own off their feet and stole her away from them without ever showing his face? And after all this time, they will only now see the man that's swept their own of their feet only to be married to him as he has been holding the world record of the most failed marriages?" Stefani bent over to sling her arm around Kent's shoulder and softly speaks into his ears.