vii. manic monday

"i wish it was sunday, cause that's my fun day

"i wish it was sunday, cause that's my fun day."
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

THE NEXT MORNING, THE TEENS LEFT AT ABOUT 7:30. Nancy seemed like she wanted to say something to Colby, but stayed quiet nonetheless as they headed out to Jonathan's car.

"You can take shotgun," Nancy pushed Colby towards the passenger door, smiling at him a little. He tried to reciprocate the smile to the best of his ability.

"How'd you sleep, Colby?" asked Jonathan genuinely. "It was freezing in that room; Nancy insisted on turning the AC on."

Colby turned around in his seat, but Nancy was staring at the ground, the edges of her beautiful face that Colby could see were tinted red. He shook his head questioningly but turned around anyway.

"I slept alright." he shrugged, running a hand through his hair. "You know, as well as one can sleep on a floor."

"You could've slept with me-" Jonathan reiterated, although Colby held a hand in his face, laughing a little.

"It's okay. You drove us here, you got your own bed."

The rest of the drive consisted of Jonathan's favorite music blasting out of the speakers. Colby opened the window just so he could reduce the volume in the car a little. He felt neutral— Colby was still iffy on the details of their journey, although he didn't voice his confusion. Like always, Colby wanted to be spared from looking like a total idiot.

"Is this it?" queried Jonathan as they pulled into a driveway, secluded by a tall chain link fence and grey brick walls. There was a garage, most likely used as a house, in the center of the lot.

"Yeah," nodded Nancy.

"Are you positive that this is the right place?" Colby turned around in his seat, raising a brow at her.

"3833. Yeah." Nancy reaffirmed, looking up at Colby. "Come on."

Jonathan turned the car off and they approached the garage door, turning to the left towards a front door. Spray painted on it was "KEEP THE DOOR CLOSED."

Jonathan pressed the intercom, stepping back and waiting. Within seconds, a man's voice rang out, "Look at the camera!"

Jonathan furrowed his brows together, shoving his hands in his pockets and looking towards the intercom again. "What camera?"

"Not the loudspeaker," scolded the man harshly. "Above you, to the left." The three teens turned to look at the security camera on the edge of the wall, pointed down towards them. Then, the door unlocked and rattled open. In front of them was Murray Bauman.